BOOKWORM REVIEW: Bela's Bounty by Deysi O'Donal


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I really enjoyed the world that Deysi O'Donal has built in this series, and in her sophomore release, she hits it out of the park again. 

Bela's story picks up after the events of Anna's Bounty. Treto is on his way to rescue the other humans stolen from Earth, but he also has another motive. He is drawn to one of them, a dark-haired beauty on her way to Lux, a pleasure planet. Bela has been auctioned off to an infamous madame and is being groomed to work in Madame Athea's brothel. It is only a matter of time before she is expected to start taking on clients. Will Treto be able to save her in time?

Again, Deysi's world-building is so detailed and phenomenal. I love envisioning the different planets and places she puts us in as we go through the story. The action in this book will give you an adrenaline rush.

There is an element of insta-love in this book, especially if you have not read Anna's story. But I urge you to go with it, because the spicy scenes are super-spicy! (Ahem, helllllooo πŸ†πŸ†)

I like the exploration of intergalactic trafficking and how not everything is necessarily binary. What could be a horrible situation for others might be a reprieve for some.

I look forward to future releases in this series. I want to shake Skylar a few times in this read, so I definitely hope we get to see her grow in subsequent books.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. **

 

ABOUT THE BOOK

The secret that humans still exist in the universe is out, and that makes the women of earth dangerously desirable.

Thanks to a botched translator implant, I’m near death when the aliens who abducted me sell me to the famed pleasure station, Lux. Where my first customer is a lizard-man with red scales, kind eyes, and a quiet nature.

It turns out, Treto isn’t here to use me, but to save me. He’s a bounty hunter who specializes in rescuing trafficked aliens, and he has been following me from Earth. He’s desperate to free me, but his back-up is delayed and the longer I’m trapped at the pleasure station, the more likely I am to be given to another alien. One that might not be as gentle as my savior.

I’m afraid it’s going to take more than one determined bounty hunter to extricate me from madame Athea’s clutches. Will she sell me for a dangerous night with a stranger or will backup come in time to get us out of the mess we’re in?


MEET DEYSI O'DONAL


Deysi is married to the love of her life. Living her happily-ever-after with 3 cats, a neurotic boarder collie, a recent college graduate and a teenager who aspires to live forever in her basement.

She has been penning stories since she could hold a pencil and spends most days working as a vampire and her nights playing with the imaginary friends that live in her head. On the off chance she’s not writing, or stabbing people with needles, she probably has her nose in a book. Which is particularly vexing to her co-workers and family.

She enjoys loud music, sunny afternoons, and leisurely trips through social media.

Connect with Deysi