BOOKWORM REVIEW: Ten by Anna Fury

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

This book should be a Ten..without the buts. At least of the one-T variety.

Ten is still reeling from the events of Books One and Two. He had been brainwashed by his supposed mate, and he eventually had to sacrifice her to save everyone else. Now he must save his brother's mate, and the answer lies in an old library..and its keeper Onmiel.

Jet will always hold a special place in my heart, but Ten stole my heart. Ten's arc over the three books was so fun and amazing to read about, and I love that in the third leg, Onmiel joins him in the journey. Their development from strangers to friends to lovers was a slow burn that was worth the wait, and our reward is a spicy prize. The spice was not as intense as the previous books -- Jet definitely took that gold medal -- but the focus here is the depth of their relationship supported by the individual growth of these main characters.

We also get a healthy side helping of suspense, which was a pleasant surprise. 

This read can be a standalone, but I promise you, the experience will be so much richer when you read all three books in the series. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Anna Fury for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

TEN
Killing my mate might have saved our continent from her psychotic rule, but it destroyed me—all that’s left is an unfeeling husk of an alpha. But my brother Noire isn’t done asking for my help. His mate, Diana, is dying, and the only place that might hold answers is the ancient library at Pengshur, a center of knowledge and healing.

The brilliant, happy-go-lucky female librarian assigned to our group stares at me when she thinks I’m not looking. As days pass and our search for answers reveals dangerous secrets, Onmiel becomes my first real friend and confidante. She burrows her way under my skin, consuming my thoughts and recentering my world around her smile.

ONMIEL
Underneath Ten’s alpha austerity lies a kindred spirit. But he’s drowning in an ocean of pain and loss. So, I make it my job to make him smile, then laugh. I get him hooked on coffee and books, and friendship follows.

As our search for answers grows frantic, Ten becomes far more than just my client. Tender stolen moments turn into playful touches and heated looks until I know there’s more between us. I need him to open his eyes to what’s right in front of him—a second chance at love.

But long-buried secrets from my past return to haunt me, and Ten and I are caught in the crosshairs. Now I don’t know if I’ll ever get a chance to love Ten, or if the fates are conspired against us.

Ten is the final book in the Temple Maze series, and ends with a happily ever after!


  

MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three-year-old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna