BOOKWORM REVIEW: Jet by Anna Fury


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

No edit nor words would be able to do this spicy, suspenseful, action-packed read justice.

But as a reviewer, I sure am going to try so here goes:

Pack strategist Jet is hyper-focused on rescuing his brother Ten from Rama's grasp. Not even the magnetism of his supposed mates, the vampiri Firenze and the mysterious Achaia, could pull him from his mission, or so he thinks.

When his mates' safety is threatened as they search for allies in their fight against Rama, the direwolf must now choose who to save first.

Epic is probably the closest word I can describe this read. The journey from the beginning as the book picks up from Noire's story to the temporary ending as it segues to Ten's book consumed me as I revisited the intricate world Anna Fury has created and expanded on in this installment. 

At the heart of it are three characters who are each dealing with their own personal struggles. Those issues are roadblocks to the fact that they are fated soulmates, and we get to enjoy their journey to a HEA individually and together. I love the chemistry among Jet, Renze, and Achaia, not just as a trio but their one-on-one connection with each other. Fury writes MMF relationships with such care and thoughtfulness, and this is reflected in how we as readers get so invested in these trios so much.

The spice itself deserves its own section in this review. I feel like Fury tackles every new book with a ferocious "challenge accepted" gusto to level up the sexy scenes from her previous work. Her uncanny ability to get us seasoned spicy romance readers to clutch our pearls remains unbroken, and I feel like I need to send her my water bill for how much thirst she has induced in me from her reads.

I hesitantly say that this book can be read as a standalone. The author does provide enough context to get the gist of what's going on in this complex universe. I do want to stress that you should just read from the beginning. Noire is another fantastic read that will suck you into this Temple Maze universe and spit you back out a changed person after it hits The End.

Ten, Ten, Ten. I feel like there is a missed opportunity for a meme joke here. ("He's a Ten but..") Your story is next, buddy, and I cannot wait to be pulled into this world once again.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Anna Fury for providing an ARC. I am also a big fan of the name Achaia. May the girl named after grief or trouble find her happily ever after with the two men who love her more than anything. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Escape from the Temple Maze was only the beginning…

Jet
A psychopath tried to break me, and nothing will ever put me back together. I’m detoxing, pissed off and determined to rescue my baby brother before she breaks him too. There’s just one problem—Achaia. The voluptuous human’s sea-green gaze sets my body on fire. She’s a distraction I can’t afford, no matter how hot I burn for her. My only priority is rescuing my brother—everything else is a distant second.

Renze
How lucky I am to have two delicious mates—the hulking direwolf, Jet, and his exquisitely beautiful neighbor, Achaia. I simply need them to yield to my blood bond. Unfortunately, duty calls. A maniacal villainess hurt Jet, and that sin will not go unpunished. Lives hang in the balance.

Achaia
I have no memory of who I am. Maybe I’m a nobody. Maybe I’m a monster. Anything is possible. It doesn’t stop the sensual vampiri next door from declaring that Jet and I are his. Renze alone is intoxicating, but the monstrous duo together are impossible to refuse. When circumstances send them on a journey in search of allies, I leap at the chance to find my own answers. Renze wants to claim me. Jet can’t stop staring at me. And I just need to find myself.

Can we save Jet’s brother and free an entire continent from a madwoman without losing our heads in the process?



MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three-year-old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna