BOOKWORM REVIEW: Overruled by Bella Matthews

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

For all the smack talk the Kingston siblings have dished out on Becket's love life, I did not expect his love story to be the most wholesome.

Becket Kingston is running for office. The young underdog has a steep hill to climb to win the Senate seat for Pennsylvania, and while his family name brings a lot of credibility and sway, apparently family values to the average voter means a walk down the aisle and a ring on his finger. He cannot believe his luck when his sister's best friend also needed a fake spouse.

Juliette Fairchild did not think retiring from being a supermodel would be this hectic. Her cousin has recently passed away and has entrusted her with two kids, Easton and Kenzie. Despite being overwhelmed at the notion of being an instant parent, Jules knew she had to step up because the kids' only other option was no good. Now in a middle of a custody battle, Jules needs to prove that she is more than qualified to take care of the kids. What better to prove that than to have an upstanding Senatorial candidate and Kingston by her side?

Look, every time Bella Matthews offers a trip back to Kroydon Hills, you can count me in. I don't think I have loved a fictional family as much as the Kingstons, because every time I think I have found my favorite couple, the next one manages to capture my heart. Becks and Jules are no exception. 

As a seasoned Kroydon Hills visitor, I -- along with the rest of the Kingston clan -- had wished better for Becket when it came to his love life. Calling his ex "Medusa" was too kind, and I am relieved that his story was not a second chance. 

Because Jules is so much better as his partner and equal. Their dynamic has been solid from the start: the flirting, the banter, the subtle affection. The development of their relationship progressed so naturally, even with the complication of two immediate kids. I love how Matthews set it up as if it was just the right pieces falling in place. 

Their spicy connection? Fan. Freaking. Tastic. Becket's dirty mouth paired with Jules' filthy moves should have set my Kindle on fire.

I know I keep saying how much I love the Kingstons, but I will always keep saying it because the prolific and growing clan adds a lovable charm to every family member's story. No matter how ornery or introverted a sibling can be, they always managed to pull together for the one who needs their love and support the most. How can you hate on that?

This book is part of an intricate fictional universe that spans multiple books, but it can be read as a standalone. I am so excited for the next release already, and I am crossing my fingers that it is Ashlyn's story.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Bella Matthews for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

“You gonna catch me if I fall, Becks?”

I should have known those words, whispered to my best friend’s brother, would come back to haunt me . . . But I had no idea he’d be the only one who could save me when my world threatens to come crashing down.

Becket Kingston is a lot of things. Tall, dark and deliciously handsome, he’s corded muscle hidden beneath an expensive suit, with eyes the color of an angry ocean, and a sharp tongue good for so many things.

And this future US Senator with a brain even bigger than his bank account is about to be my fake husband.

It was supposed to be easy . . . until it wasn’t. This relationship we carefully curated for the public has become something completely different behind closed doors—and the occasional open ones.

I knew we needed to lie to everyone we loved to pull this off.
But how long can we lie to ourselves?


MEET BELLA MATTHEWS

Bella Matthews is a Jersey girl at heart. She is married to her very own Alpha Male and raising three little ones. You can typically find her running from one sporting event to another. When she is home, she is usually hiding in her home office with the only other female in her house, her rescue dog Tinker Bell by her side. She likes to write swoon-worthy heroes and sassy, smart heroines with a healthy dose of laughter thrown in.

Connect With Bella