BOOKWORM REVIEW: Souls and Sorrows by Sav R. Miller

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

My favorite love story of all time will always be Cupid and Psyche, so when Sav R. Miller announces that the fifth book of her Monsters and Muses will be loosely based on my favorite, I knew I was coming in with high expectations.

Miller certainly did not disappoint.

Ariana Ricci's lived a full life at such a young age. A life full of trauma and strife whose only respite is with her pointe shoes and dancing. Now her body is up for bid, and the winner is none other than workaholic lawyer Cash Primrose. The winning bid comes at a price: Ariana must marry Cash.

This is no retelling of the classic. Sav R. Miller takes my favorite tale and molds it into her book universe, cleverly weaving her signature blend of suspense, plot twists, and dark love that only Miller can deliver. 

I have said it before and I will say it again: Miller takes these characters who should be irredeemably repugnant and somehow creates an arc that endears us readers to them. We get two in this book with Ariana and Cash, and I enjoyed every minute, every word of the journey that has me falling in love with these two.

The connection between the two starts off with a simmer that slowly builds and builds until it boils over, and the wait was certainly worth it.

This can be read as a standalone, but who can resist seeing some of our favorite characters from previous books in the series? Miller does a great job of establishing who they are for rookie readers, but if newbies love Kal, Lenny, and Jonas during their cameo appearances, trust me when I say you will love them even more in their respective stories. 

Sav R. Miller just announced that this series will end with the sixth book, and it has already started to produce a bittersweet, melancholy feeling in my cold, shriveled heart. Maybe between now and book six release, I can reconcile with the fact that I would have to say goodbye to this beautifully dark series.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Sav R. Miller for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Nobody asked him to step in.
I had everything under control, but by the time I shuffled onstage, there was no chance to stop him.
Men ogled and touched as I offered my body and soul to the highest bidder, and I could tell my stranger didn’t like what he saw.
Or maybe he did.
Maybe he liked it 𝘡𝘰𝘰 much, and that was why his number shot up.

A quarter billion dollars and one existential crisis later, Cash Primrose was dragging me down the aisle in the name of convenience.
I suppose it could be worse.
My new husband treats me as an equal, which is more than most women in my world get.
Still, I find myself constantly expecting the other shoe to drop.
For the beast who hides himself away, except in the dead of night, to show his true colors.

I’m waiting for the monster my mother always promised would come.
But maybe that monster is me.


    

MEET SAV R. MILLER

Sav R. Miller writes dark, contemporary romance with morally gray characters and steam that'll make you blush.

She prefers the villains in most stories, and thinks everyone deserves happily-ever-after.

Currently, Sav lives in central Kentucky with her fiancΓ© and two pups, Lord Byron and Poe. She loves sitcoms, silence, and sardonic humor.

Connect with Sav
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/srmauthor
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/savrmiller
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/srmauthor
TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@authorsavrmiller
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/authorsav