BOOKWORM REVIEW: Need You Now by Ava Hunter

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This was an angsty read, and I loved every minute of it.

Lacey Sutton and Seth Kincaid share a history. Not only were they on the periphery for their siblings' heartaches and triumphs, but they also shared one night. Not being able to manage their emotions, they swept that night under the rug and went on with their lives.

When Lacey needed someone as she was recovering from an incident, Seth volunteered to take care of her. Cue the close proximity and one bed, and we have two people fighting their emotions and attraction.

Ava Hunter takes us on an emotional roller coaster ride with Lacey and Seth's story, infusing suspense, action, drama, and spice into the ride. We get very relatable characters who are going through a lot, and we feel for them as they struggle through the adversities. I love their resilience and how they look to their families as the inspiration to be better. 

Their connection is phenomenal. I love their established history and the arc of how they kept fighting that attraction. And the spice! There are only a handful of spicy moments, but they make the best of it. 

This is the third book in the series, but it reads well as a standalone. Ava Hunter does bring back characters from the previous reads, so if you want to fully embrace who they are, I strongly recommend going back to read Books One and Two.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Ava Hunter for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

She saved him when he needed her. Now he’ll save her too.

After making a tragic mistake that nearly cost him his brother, his reputation, and his sobriety, playboy Seth Kincaid wants nothing more than to hide the secrets of his past. When he hears that his sometimes-secret fling—and his guardian angel in high-heels—Lacey Sutton is injured, he’s determined to repay her by stepping up to take care of her.

But Lacey is off limits. She’s Seth’s best friend’s little sister.

Even if her sassy banter, wild temper, and gorgeous curves are the best kind of addiction.

Event planner Lacey Sutton has time for only one thing in her life: her job. She doesn’t have time for relationships, or injuries that could cost her the party of the century. And she definitely doesn’t have time for cocky country singers with ocean-blue eyes, broad shoulders, and chiseled jaws.

Love is not on Lacey’s carefully planned agenda. Even if the way Seth looks at her, has her wanting to let him into her guarded heart.

However, their close confines soon transform their attraction from lust to love. But when Seth’s superstardom calls him back to Nashville—and reality—Seth and Lacey must face the truth about themselves and their secrets, or they’ll risk losing what they never knew they needed: each other.


Need You Now is the third book in the Nashville Star series. It’s a full-length second-chance country romance with no cliffhanger, no cheating, and a happily-ever-after guaranteed. Content and trigger warnings: references to drug abuse and eating disorders.

   

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/37WBj4v

MEET AVA HUNTER


At the age of thirteen, I read The Outsiders in seventh grade, and that’s when I knew I wanted to be a writer. And yes, the book isn’t romance, but it instilled within me a love for amazing characters. Characters that stay with you and never let go. Kind of like a damn good kiss. From there I maybe-kinda-sorta thought I had a knack for romance ever since I wrote a fanfiction about Fox Mulder’s rippling abs. And no, you cannot read it. It is buried in the depths of a very dark drawer. Also, side note: Mulder and Scully are the OG of the slow burn.

Since then, I’ve written in various genres from YA to literary fiction. However, it wasn’t until about four years ago I decided to give romance a try. I had an idea in my head and decided to combine my two loves, country music and kissing, and the Nashville Star series was born. Six books later, I am still in love with writing romance and only have more ideas on the way.

I adore writing about good men who go to almost superhuman lengths to protect the women they love. And I love writing about strong, stubborn women who don’t take shit but still like it when their men sweep them off their feet.

When I’m not parked in front of a computer writing, I am mom-ing, reading, traveling, drinking wine, baking and watching good TV.

I write full-time from Arizona, where I live with my husband, daughter and a very chonky cat.

Whew. I think that’s enough.

Come find me on social media and let’s keep in touch.

Connect with Ava
Join my mailing list ➜ https://tinyurl.com/269ktvmp
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/authoravahunter
Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/authoravahunter
Website ➜ https://authoravahunter.com/