BOOKWORM REVIEW: Peaks of Color by Victoria Wilder


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I would read this book over and over again just to experience the boss lady that is Everly Riggs.

The vice president of her family's expanding business, Everly is focused and undeterred. That is until one of her charming brothers hired a sports photographer with an ego as big as the mountains in Strutt's Peak. Sure, he can back it up with his portfolio and might be all kinds of hot, but unfortunately, Jack Deacon knows it and knows it well.

When Jack has to stay with Everly while working for the Riggs, sparks start to fly, and it's not just from them locking horns.

How is this a debut novel? Victoria Wilder does a phenomenal job of building the Strutt's Peak universe and making us fall in love with the Riggs Family, immediate and adopted. Jack is the kind of bad boy that you know in your heart you should avoid but cannot seem to resist. There is more to him than meets the eye, however, and it is great to see that character development unfold. He meets his match in Everly; confident and smart, she is not one to push around. I absolutely love that Everly does not lose her shine or dominance as she engages with Jack and that Jack respects that authority and honors her boundaries.

I adore enemies-to-lovers reads, because that first banter (should) set off a delicious sizzle that grows as we turn each page. This book has that and more. It slowly builds the tension between Jack and Everly, making the payoff of incredibly spicy scenes so. worth. the. wait.

I am also in love with the ensemble cast. Everly's brothers are protective without being overbearing, and I cannot wait to see if they each get their own story. Everly's friend Giselle also stole the spotlight for me, and I hope, hope, hope that she gets her own book, too.

Hat's off to Victoria Wilder for a fantastic debut. If you love enemies-to-lovers, small town romances, this is a must-read for you.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Victoria Wilder and Peachy Keen Author Services for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THIS BOOK

Hot. Arrogant. Talented.
Jack Deacon's reputation arrived in my small town before he did.


Leave it up to one of my brothers to hire the biggest photographer in sports and then misread the contract.

Now, the six-foot-sexy, dripping with confidence notorious bachelor is staying in my pool house, calling me beautiful instead of boss, invading my workplace, my personal space…and my thoughts.

In Strutt's Peak, the mountains are our playground, and we provide the entertainment. When your last name is Riggs, you're royalty here and that makes me the princess who runs this show. Don't let that title fool you though, I've worked hard and earned my place at the boys' table.

All it takes to unravel everything I've been so focused on is a revealing photoshoot and a ride on a gondola.

It turns out that I'm weak for blue eyes and a set of dimples. More than weak, I'm falling head over high heels for him.

But when family secrets unfold and careers take on a new trajectory, everything falls out of focus. Why did we ever start when it was always meant to end? How do I get over someone I never had any business falling under in the first place?


Peaks of Colors is a full-length, dual POV small-town contemporary romance. You will find your fair share of swearing, sex scenes (we don't fade to black here), and secondary characters that will have you sweating.

TW: This story contains content some may find triggering, including offensive language, explicit sexual scenes, alcohol abuse, child endangerment, and abandonment are also discussed.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) →  https://amzn.to/3MmxqEM

MEET VICTORIA WILDER

Forever a hopeful romantic, author Victoria Wilder writes deliciously witty and wild characters. Her stories range from small-town swoon-worthy men to fiercely powerful families and lead characters who aren't afraid to ask for what they want. And always a happy ending. It's romance!

You will always find a little bit of fate, a whole lot of steam, and a wildly romantic ride.

She's an east coast girl always chasing the next season and living it up with her husband, two kiddos, and dog, Linus. When she's not reading or writing you'll find her at a kickboxing class or finding an excuse to enjoy the beach.

She believes in the power of a great dirty martini with extra olives and that a great pair of sneakers can be just as powerful as heels to put you in the right mood.