BOOKWORM REVIEW: Love You Always by Ava Hunter


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I came for a nice update on one of my favorite book couples and got more than I expected.

Love You Always is a quick novella read that bridges the first two books of Ava Hunter's Nashville Star series to the third one. While she does a phenomenal job in giving enough background to these beloved characters, I highly recommend reading the first two books to get the full experience that is Sal and Luke (and their friends).

Life is back to somewhat normal for Sal and Luke. He is writing, singing, and touring again, while she is back to work as a paramedic. They are struggling to conceive, something that has given Sal a lot of anxiety. When she is brought in to consult on a patient with an abusive husband, it brings back the traumatic experiences she and Luke went through in Sing You Home.

I need a hot minute to recover from the unexpected twists in this short read. Ava Hunter packs so much into so few pages, and I loved every bit of it. You get angst, drama, tension, suspense, and most importantly romance. 

It is also a nice refresher on this Nashville Star world. We get Griff and Alabama, Jace and Emmy Lou. And finally a nice preview to Seth's story. The countdown has begun, folks! I am so ready for Book Three.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Ava Hunter for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Sal and Luke’s love story continues in this suspenseful new novella in the Nashville Star series.

Sal Kincaid has been to hell and back—and survived.

Now, her life is where it’s always meant to be. With Luke, her country superstar husband by her side, her career as a paramedic taking off, and an exciting secret she’s keeping close to her heart, Sal’s future has never been brighter.

But when tragedy strikes, Sal is left fighting for her life and everything in it— including her and Luke’s perfect second chance. And Luke will do whatever it takes to find his wife before it’s too late.

Before he loses the one person he can’t live without.

Love You Always is book 2.5 in the Nashville Star Series. It’s a novella (35,000 words) that ends in an HEA. It’s best enjoyed as a continuation of Book One—Sing You Home. Please note trigger warnings for references to abuse and pregnancy loss.

Get Your Copy (free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3LzgJ8o

     

MEET AVA HUNTER


At the age of thirteen, I read The Outsiders in seventh grade, and that’s when I knew I wanted to be a writer. And yes, the book isn’t romance, but it instilled within me a love for amazing characters. Characters that stay with you and never let go. Kind of like a damn good kiss. From there I maybe-kinda-sorta thought I had a knack for romance ever since I wrote a fanfiction about Fox Mulder’s rippling abs. And no, you cannot read it. It is buried in the depths of a very dark drawer. Also, side note: Mulder and Scully are the OG of the slow burn.

Since then, I’ve written in various genres from YA to literary fiction. However, it wasn’t until about four years ago I decided to give romance a try. I had an idea in my head and decided to combine my two loves, country music and kissing, and the Nashville Star series was born. Six books later, I am still in love with writing romance and only have more ideas on the way.

I adore writing about good men who go to almost superhuman lengths to protect the women they love. And I love writing about strong, stubborn women who don’t take shit but still like it when their men sweep them off their feet.

When I’m not parked in front of a computer writing, I am mom-ing, reading, traveling, drinking wine, baking and watching good TV.

I write full-time from Arizona, where I live with my husband, daughter and a very chonky cat.

Whew. I think that’s enough.

Come find me on social media and let’s keep in touch.

Connect with Ava
Join my mailing list ➜ https://tinyurl.com/269ktvmp
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/authoravahunter
Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/authoravahunter
Website ➜ https://authoravahunter.com/