BOOKWORM REVIEW: Sing You Home by Ava Hunter


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Now, this is how you do a country romance with a suspense twist! This was a roller coaster ride, but it was one I was glad to be on. 

Sal has been dead for nine months, or so her family and friends, including her husband Luke, assume. Unable to manage his grief, Luke has quit the music scene and isolated himself on his farm with his guitar, cartons of half-eaten pizza, and countless bottles of whiskey.

But Sal isn't really gone. She has no memory before waking up one day and has been kept imprisoned by an abusive man, posing as her husband. When she finally escapes after fearing for her life, she luckily runs into family. So begins her and Luke's journey to reconnect in the midst of her memory loss.

I love the ensemble of characters in this book, especially Luke and Sal. I am a sucker for a strong MMC who is respectful of their partner's situation and boundaries and for an FMC who is equally strong and resilient. Ava Hunter creates such a formidable connection between the two of them and makes us believe that these two are soul mates. 

The supporting cast is also unforgettable. I adore Seth and Lacey and their bickering, and God, I hope they get their own book. We get introduced to Jace, Emmy Lou, Alabama, and other folks without feeling overwhelmed at having to remember who they are.

I absolutely love how the story of Sal's amnesia is done. It is realistic, it is relatable, and it hits you right in the feels. It is absolutely horrible to forget the people you love and the memories you made with them. Ava Hunter does a phenomenal job in conveying this story without bringing the overall vibe down. 

This is a slow burn, but the wait is worth it. Having to follow Luke and Sal as they build their relationship from scratch helps with creating tension and chemistry.

I cannot wait to read the rest of the series. If you are looking for an angsty but sweet love story with action, suspense, and music, this is a must-read.


ABOUT THE BOOK

It's been nine months since country superstar Luke Kincaid lost his wife in a tragic plane crash. Unable to cope with the pain of losing her, Luke is damn close to giving it all up—the music, his band, even his life. Until he learns his wife is alive. He rushes to bring her home, only to find himself heartbroken as the woman he loves has no memory of him or their life together.

Sal wants to remember this tall, tan country singer who’s true, kind and hot as hell. As Luke struggles to help her revive her memories, as well as his own flailing music career, danger threatens their second chance. The madman responsible for Sal’s disappearance has found her, and will stop at nothing to claim what is his.

With Sal’s life hanging in the balance, Luke vows to do what he couldn’t do the first time—protect his wife at any cost.

Sing You Home is the first book in the Nashville Star series. It’s a full-length second-chance country romance with no cliffhanger, no cheating, and a happily-ever-after guaranteed. Sing You Home features adult situations and language.

CW: plane crash, kidnapping, abuse, suicidal idealization, miscarriage

Get Your Copy (free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/343mXNr

MEET AVA HUNTER


At the age of thirteen, I read The Outsiders in seventh grade, and that’s when I knew I wanted to be a writer. And yes, the book isn’t romance, but it instilled within me a love for amazing characters. Characters that stay with you and never let go. Kind of like a damn good kiss. From there I maybe-kinda-sorta thought I had a knack for romance ever since I wrote a fanfiction about Fox Mulder’s rippling abs. And no, you cannot read it. It is buried in the depths of a very dark drawer. Also, side note: Mulder and Scully are the OG of the slow burn.

Since then, I’ve written in various genres from YA to literary fiction. However, it wasn’t until about four years ago I decided to give romance a try. I had an idea in my head and decided to combine my two loves, country music and kissing, and the Nashville Star series was born. Six books later, I am still in love with writing romance and only have more ideas on the way.

I adore writing about good men who go to almost superhuman lengths to protect the women they love. And I love writing about strong, stubborn women who don’t take shit but still like it when their men sweep them off their feet.

When I’m not parked in front of a computer writing, I am mom-ing, reading, traveling, drinking wine, baking and watching good TV.

I write full-time from Arizona, where I live with my husband, daughter and a very chonky cat.

Whew. I think that’s enough.

Come find me on social media and let’s keep in touch.

Connect with Ava
Join my mailing list ➜ https://tinyurl.com/269ktvmp
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/authoravahunter
Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/authoravahu...
Website ➜ https://authoravahunter.com/