BOOKWORM REVIEW: A False Start by Elsie Silver


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Just when you think you found the perfect book boyfriend in Elsie Silver's Gold Rush Ranch series, the subsequent MMC shoves the previous one off the throne. Don't get me wrong: All of the men in her series are fantastic, but Griff Sinclair has moved that bar higher. 

Griff needs to keep his distance from Nadia Dalca. Not only is she fourteen years younger than him, but she also happens to be his only best friend's younger sister. But he didn't know that when he gave in and kissed her in a bar bathroom. 

Even as time passed, neither of them could erase the fire that ignited from that kiss. And the distance they've kept from each other? Gone as Nadia works in the Gold Rush Ranch as a vet tech and Griff has been asked to pitch in with horse training as the current trainer Billie is all sorts of pregnant.

Two sides of the same coin, they're both broken but resilient; just two amazing characters that complement each other well. They serve as each other's inspiration and support as they face their own adversities. I also love the ease with which they fit in each other's worlds.

Elsie Silver has an uncanny ability to get you so invested in her characters so hard. So much so that every angst and hurt translate from paper right straight to your heart. I suppose I am glad that we have the spicy scenes to give us some reprieve from the emotional turmoil, but they just make us super thirsty. The dirty talk, the chemistry, the memorable moments  (*cough*tent*cough*).

The Gold Rush Ranch is one of my favorite fictional places to visit, and it literally hurts to say goodbye (for now) to these wonderful characters. This book is a phenomenal standalone, but you would be remiss to skip on the wonderful stories that came before. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Elsie Silver and Social Butterfly PR for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

I kissed my best friend’s little sister, and the world stood still.

That night we were two perfect strangers, the town’s grumpy recluse and a gorgeous girl in the back of a bar. Until we weren’t.

Because Nadia Dalca isn’t just some girl. She’s the girl I can’t have. Fourteen years younger than me and completely off-limits.

My plan is to stay away, but the universe keeps pushing us together. It’s like some sort of cosmic joke, to give me a taste of something so electric—so real—something that breathed life back into me.

Because I can look, but I can’t touch.

Her sinful curves, her light-hearted laughter, her wild side . . . I’m addicted to every last bit of her.

And when she turns those sultry eyes on me––the ones so full of longing and so free of judgment? I’ve always considered myself a strong man. But when she looks at me I’m weak.

To give in to our connection would be a betrayal. My life is beyond complicated, and she has the world at her fingertips. Her brother is the only family she has left, and sad as it sounds, he’s also my only friend.

But I kissed her again anyway.

And now I can’t stop.

   


MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8