BOOKWORM REVIEW: Following Fate by January Bell


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This was a great quick introduction to the Fated by Starlight world.

Danielle has always felt like an outsider in her research industry. Heck, she even feels like an outcast on Earth. But as she gets closer to proving that dimension rips are a thing, one pulls her in and sends her to another place.

There she meets Dabin, a warrior convinced that she is one of the Starbound descendants coming back to save his people from extinction. Unfortunately, Danielle is not convinced about them being mates and just wants to go home. Could Dabin get her to believe that they are fated?

For a short read, this packed a lot of content. The connection between Dabin and Danielle does not feel rushed at all -- despite the instalove. I love Dabin's easygoing personality when he's around Danielle, which is a far cry from him being The Slaughterer. And the spicy scenes are spicy! I had to check to make sure this was really less than 200 pages, because between the action, world-building, and sexy moments, this short read brought serious substance to the table.

I am already loving this dimension with the different Houses and the history behind the Starbound. I cannot wait for the rest of the series as we learn more about them.

ABOUT THE BOOK

A warrior from another dimension insists I'm his fated mate. The only one for him... forever.

Just because I’ve spent my entire career looking for wormholes doesn’t mean I want to go through one. When I’m sucked into a different dimension, a huge, horned man claims me for his own... his mate.

When his touch marks me with the sign of Capricorn, I can’t explain it away. Add in the fact that I’m irresistibly drawn to him? There might be something to this whole ‘mate’ thing.

I can’t abandon my life and years of research. But when trying to return home means I accidentally open the rips in reality, I have to make a choice.

Either I leave the male I’ve grown to care for, or I stay— and never see Earth again.

Following Fate is a spicy sci-fi fantasy romance for adults. Each Fated By Starlight book has a guaranteed happily ever after for each couple within a shared world.


Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/34WnD8h

MEET JANUARY BELL



January Bell writes steamy sci-fi and fantasy romance with a guaranteed happily ever after. Combining pure escapism, a little adventure, and a whole lotta love makes for romance that's a world apart. For the latest updates, follow her on Instagram and Twitter and subscribe to her newsletter for exclusive content. Is there a character you would like to see featured in a future novel or novella? Don't be shy! She'd love to hear from you.

Connect with January