BOOKWORM REVIEW: Find You Again by Ava Hunter


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

If I wasn't such a sucker for angsty, emotional romances, I would give Ava Hunter the same ultimatum that Griff Greyson's manager gave him: Stop hitting (me in the feels).

Because this read makes two-for-two in getting readers invested in her characters and taking us on an emotional roller coaster as they work through second chances, well-intended secrets, and love deeply embedded in their souls.

Griff Greyson is holding on to his last chance at making his music career work. After coasting through albums, tours, and contracts on a hard liquid diet and occasional bar brawls, his manager gives him an ultimatum: Shape up on this last tour or he can bid his career goodbye. There is also another clause to this last-chance deal: He has a new opening act, Alabama Forrester. 

We met Alabama in Sing You Home as the pawn used to break up Luke and Sal. She's hiding from the unforgiving media and equally relentless fans in her hometown, barely making enough to pay back the contract she broke with her former music company. Griff comes to deliver the news: She opens for him in exchange for a handsome sum of money, enough to pay what she owes and more. She needed convincing since these two apparently share a painful past filled with secrets and broken hearts. She reluctantly agrees, and we're off to the races.

I love the redemption arc for these two characters. They've gone from jerky side characters to relatable and loveable main ones. who you want to find their happily ever after. That transition, that journey is so well done. There is a natural, well-paced progression from re-introducing them to getting to know them to eventually falling in love with them. I adore broody but protective Griff. He is rough around the edges, but his vulnerability and dedication make him an easily lovable lead. Alabama is strong and fierce, but like Griff, she also has her share of anxieties that make her very relatable.

I would be remiss to not mention the delicious tension between these two. Their bickering, the push-and-pull, and all of the small details Ava Hunter weaves into their every interaction. They all build a wonderful feeling of anticipation toward when these two will finally get their heads out of their bums and get together.

If you love a well-written classic love story about second chances, I cannot recommend this book and this series enough. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. **


   

ABOUT THE BOOK

Nashville’s pop-country princess Alabama Forester is drowning in debt and a bad reputation after a tabloid scandal gone off the rails.

In fact, her entire life’s gone off the rails. Without a manager, she’s working at a podunk diner unsure if she’ll ever record another song again. That is, until she’s offered the chance of a lifetime: join country-rock bad boy Griff Greyson on tour and pay off her debt.

It should be easy.

Except it isn’t.

Because Griff, the boy who broke her heart all those years ago, is now a man. A rough and rowdy rocker, with a muscled, tattooed body, and tawny-colored eyes that have her wanting to break every rule in the songbook.

♥♥♥

Country hellraiser Griff Greyson is trying to get his music career back after being arrested for disorderly conduct. The last thing he needs is bruised and beautiful Alabama Forester on his tour.

The girl he gave up for the spotlight.

The woman he still loves.

He vows to stay away from her. Vows to keep the real reason he left Alabama all those years ago a secret.

Now, on a whirlwind tour across the United States with hot tempers and even closer quarters, sparks fly whenever they're on stage together. But when Griff's old rock-and-roll lifestyle puts Alabama's life on the line, both discover they could lose everything—before they ever really had it.

Get Your Copy (free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3HwHXdN

MEET AVA HUNTER


At the age of thirteen, I read The Outsiders in seventh grade, and that’s when I knew I wanted to be a writer. And yes, the book isn’t romance, but it instilled within me a love for amazing characters. Characters that stay with you and never let go. Kind of like a damn good kiss. From there I maybe-kinda-sorta thought I had a knack for romance ever since I wrote a fanfiction about Fox Mulder’s rippling abs. And no, you cannot read it. It is buried in the depths of a very dark drawer. Also, side note: Mulder and Scully are the OG of the slow burn.

Since then, I’ve written in various genres from YA to literary fiction. However, it wasn’t until about four years ago I decided to give romance a try. I had an idea in my head and decided to combine my two loves, country music and kissing, and the Nashville Star series was born. Six books later, I am still in love with writing romance and only have more ideas on the way.

I adore writing about good men who go to almost superhuman lengths to protect the women they love. And I love writing about strong, stubborn women who don’t take shit but still like it when their men sweep them off their feet.

When I’m not parked in front of a computer writing, I am mom-ing, reading, traveling, drinking wine, baking and watching good TV.

I write full-time from Arizona, where I live with my husband, daughter and a very chonky cat.

Whew. I think that’s enough.

Come find me on social media and let’s keep in touch.

Connect with Ava
Join my mailing list ➜ https://tinyurl.com/269ktvmp
Facebook ➜ https://www.facebook.com/authoravahunter
Instagram ➜ https://www.instagram.com/authoravahu...
Website ➜ https://authoravahunter.com/