BOOKWORM RE-READ: A Photo Finish by Elsie Silver



RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I still stand by what I said in August. This is one of my best reads in 2021, but now having read the entire series (so far), the entire series is one of the best series I've read in 2021. 

We briefly read about Cole and Violet's interaction after she won the race in Off to the Races. What we did not know until now is that they have met before online. Cole and Violet forged a hot-and-cold online correspondence before Violet ghosted him.

Now they live at Gold Rush Ranch and live even closer when Violet has to stay in the ranch house temporarily. Would these two deny the attraction they've suppressed from their online interactions?

I have loved this book so much more in the second go-around, especially with the context of Vaughn and Billie and how Gold Rush Ranch started its horse racing legacy. Cole remains one of my favorite book boyfriends. He is moody and mysterious but vulnerable and caring. It breaks my heart that he feels the need to keep everyone at arm's length.

Violet is his perfect match because she is spunky and focused. She loves humans and horses fiercely. "Small but mighty" is the perfect description for her, and she doesn't let anything or anyone deter her from her goals. 

And holy moly, those Harding boys have dirty mouths, and I love every minute of it. 

This book -- this series -- will take you on a roller coaster of feelings, and I promise you will enjoy every minute of the ride.


 
   

ABOUT THE BOOK

I’ve seen every square inch of Violet Eaton’s delectable body and she has no idea who I am.

Until now.

What happened between us online, in our chats, was meant to stay anonymous and in the past.

Until it didn’t.

It’s a small world, but Ruby Creek is even smaller. When I move to the tiny town, the grumpy facade I’ve created slips when we’re forced to live under the same roof.

Every flush of her cheeks, every time her eyes flare with heat, every time she begs me not to stop, the ice I’ve encased myself in melts. She has me wanting things I can’t want. Things I’ve been dreaming about since I first laid eyes on her two years ago—things I don’t deserve.

But my invisible wounds have the power to ruin us both. As a former soldier, I should have the discipline to walk away, but the more I open up to Violet, the more I want to keep her.

I came back from the war a different man, but my scars are older and deeper than anyone knows—and I planned to keep it that way. I planned to keep my secrets hidden.

Until her.

Get Your Copy Today: https://amzn.to/3nXEqhY

MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8