BOOKWORM REVIEW: Off to the Races by Elsie Silver

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐  
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I am so excited that this series is my binge-read for the month, because there is something magical about Gold Rush Ranch. And Off to the Races kicks the series off right.

Vaughn Harding is struggling with losing his grandfather, the man who raised and cared for him after his father's death, and dealing with the aftermath of a scandal his grandfather was involved in. He hides from his family and the media in his grandfather's ranch, desperate to find any evidence to prove his grandfather's innocence and to get the horse ranch back on track.

Billie Black has been asked by Vaughn's right-hand man to become Gold Rush Ranch's new head trainer, but after a case of mistaken identity, she and Vaughn find themselves clashing. He gives her a challenge: train the ranch's most difficult and stubborn horse to be race-ready and she gets to keep the job.

I love these two characters, but Billie holds my heart. She is sassy and barely has a filter. She is honest, even when she has to be brutal, but she delivers the message with such sincerity that you know she means well. Vaughn is her equal when it comes to stubborn, but he has a good heart who humors his mama, seeks camaraderie from his grumpy older brother, and wants to set their family legacy to rights.

The tension and banter are perfection, and no matter how these two stubborn beings fight their connection, the chemistry just draws back together and draws us readers in. When it finally combusts, the heat they produce is all-consuming. This is where Vaughn absolutely shines with his dirty talk, and I am here for it.

As someone who has read A Photo Finish first, the books in this series can definitely be read as standalones, but as someone who has read the entire series so far, it is well worth the series binge.

 

ABOUT THE BOOK

I don’t like her, and she doesn’t like me.

Billie is my new employee. The horse trainer I need to turn the family racing business around. She’s feisty, confident, and so damn tempting. And our chemistry? It sizzles.

We clash from the moment we meet. And in a small town, on an even smaller farm, it’s hard to keep your distance. It’s even harder to keep that friction from turning to fire.

But keeping things professional? That might be the biggest struggle of all. Because Billie is the whole package, whip-smart with a body I fantasize about when I’m alone, and quite possibly the only woman who can save this place—and me.

She drives me crazy. In every sense of the word. Every smart-mouthed little comment—every game we play—I end up wanting more. Wanting her closer. With me. Under me.

I try not to let her get to me, but the more time we spend together the more I crave her. Her lips. Her trust. Her heart.

I want it all.

But at what cost?

Because suddenly I don’t just want to win races, I want to win the girl.

OFF TO THE RACES is a sizzling slow burn, standalone romance with no cheating. It’s the first book in the Goldrush Ranch series, set in a small town called Ruby Creek.

Get Your Copy Today: https://amzn.to/3rfvA0U

MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8