BOOKWORM REVIEW: Out of the Gate by Elsie Silver


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Reading the origin story to Gold Rush Ranch explained so much about the Harding brothers and why they love so fiercely.

Out of the Gate tells the story of Vaughn and Cole's grandparents, Dermot Harding and Ada Wilson. Dermot is back in Ruby Creek after a few years of military service to help the Wilsons with training their horses. The horses are a whole lot easier for Dermot to deal with than Tom Wilson's daughter Ada, who has been enamored with Dermot since she was a teen.

But Ada is no longer the timid 18-year-old that Dermot left behind before going away. She knows what she wants, and no one is getting in her way. She has thrown the gauntlet at Dermot and leaves it to him to make the decision about them.

These two characters explain so much about Cole and Vaughn's stubbornness, grit, and determination.  Their love is also the reason why the brothers set their bar so high that finding a similar love is almost impossible. 

Elsie Silver also writes hot spicy scenes, and even in a novella, there is no shortage of steamy romance between the two characters. 

 
   

ABOUT THE BOOK

Dermot Harding is ten years older than me.

A family friend. An employee on my father’s ranch.

But I’ve loved him as long as I can remember.

At eighteen, I kissed him and he pushed me away. He said I was too young.

The army took him from me for three long years, but now he’s back at Gold Rush Ranch—looking at me like he’s never looked at me before. Letting his hands linger longer than they should. Offering to help me train the racehorse I’ve always dreamed of owning.

I say that I’ve moved on, but our chemistry? It’s electric. It’s overpowering. And soon all our reasons for staying away from each other fall away, along with our clothes.

He says he’s too old and too broken for someone like me. He says we can never work. But his body tells another story.

I put my pride on the line for him once before.

Am I a fool to risk it again?

Get Your Copy Today: https://amzn.to/3CWsL75

MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8