BOOKWORM REVIEW: Haven by Bella Matthews


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I did not expect this to be Ashlyn's story, but I ended up loving it.

Ashlyn and Brandon met at a college party after Ashlyn's best friend convinced her to sneak away. An Olympic skating medal hopeful, she usually followed the rules, but fate wanted her to cross paths with the up-and-coming football star.

Unfortunately, their connection ended as abruptly as it started. That is until their paths crossed again years later. Brandon Dixon is now a pro who is nearing the end of his shelf life in the NFL, and Ashlyn is a widow and single mom. Despite the gap in their connection, the chemistry is no less sizzling, and they cannot seem to stay apart no matter how much they fight it.

When Ashlyn discovers she has a stalker, can Brandon protect her without getting his attraction and emotions involved?

I have loved, loved, loved the Kingston Clan since Kings of Kroydon Hills, and I don't think I will ever stop. This book is no exception. I love the connection between Brandon and Ashlyn. I enjoyed the young, somewhat naive attraction they had when they initially met, and the ride as we go through the growth of their relationship was a fun one. 

I love the storytelling balance between the romance and the suspense. Bella Matthews certainly kept us on our toes during the read.

This was a bittersweet goodbye to the series, but I am so excited to see that there are more Kingston stories to tell on the horizon.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Bella Matthews for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

She’s a former Olympic figure skater whose world turned upside down. He’s a pro-football player who never let go of the past. What happens when these two finally have their second chance and a stalker threatens everything?

Brandon Dixon came into my life like a quiet storm. Powerful and intense. I was sure he was my fresh start. But it turned out life had other plans.

We’ve spent the past decade avoiding each other until we can’t anymore. And if I thought a younger Brandon was hard to resist, that boy doesn’t hold a candle to the man standing in front of me now. Bigger, broader, and more protective than ever, ignoring him is impossible.

The longer we fight our attraction, the higher and hotter the flame grows—until one night and one elevator change everything.


MEET BELLA MATTHEWS

Bella Matthews is a Jersey girl at heart. She is married to her very own Alpha Male and raising three little ones. You can typically find her running from one sporting event to another. When she is home, she is usually hiding in her home office with the only other female in her house, her rescue dog Tinker Bell by her side. She likes to write swoon-worthy heroes and sassy, smart heroines with a healthy dose of laughter thrown in.

Connect With Bella