BOOKWORM REVIEW: Under the Stars by Laura Pavlov


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This second installment of the Cottonwood Cove series is my favorite so far!

Grumpy Maddox Lancaster cycles through PAs faster than most people blink. Okay, it does not help that his grandfather has moved their family publishing company to the little town of Cottonwood Cove and the assistants they hire cannot seem to meet his expectations, albeit unrealistic. 

His world gets turned upside down, however, when his new PA Georgia Reynolds starts her tenure. He cannot seem to stop staring at his gorgeous assistant, and he cannot seem to stop engaging with her in banter. It does not matter that she has quirky taste in music, sports, and transport, and that she does things that would normally have him showing PAs the door. 

The more they spend time together, the more he sees that there is more than quirk to Georgia. In turn, Georgia realizes that her boss is more than the grumpy demeanor he uses as a mask.

These. Two. Are. So. Cute. I enjoy a good grumpy/sunshine, but Laura Pavlov delivers us with a broody MMC who is so drawn to the FMC's bright personality that he does things he normally doesn't for anyone else. And I am here for it. The connection between Maddox and Georgia is so well-paced and organically developed from adversarial boss-employee to two people who lift each other up. Listen, I love a good knight in shining armor, but I am a sucker when the knight turns out to be the lady in the story. Georgia had such a great arc from being the PA to the Bossman to being his salvation.

And the spicy chemistry? I love the build-up of the tension so much so that it had me screaming "do it already!" And they certainly did not disappoint. 

This second book can be read as a standalone, but starting from the beginning will have you falling in love with the Reynolds as much as I have. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Laura Pavlov and Valentine PR and Literary Management for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

My new assistant is all smiles and sunshine—and she’s about to set fire to my cold, grumpy heart.

I've moved to this god-forsaken small town to run the family business.
I need to hire a new PA and the pickings are slim. 
Some say my irrational expectations are the reason I've gone through assistants quicker than most people refill their coffee.
Incompetence is my pet peeve.  
If that makes me irrational, so be it.
Then Georgia Reynolds walks into my office. 
Blonde hair. 
Sapphire eyes. 
And a smart mouth that irritates me as much as it turns me on. 
On top of being a rockstar at her job, she is a ray of freaking sunshine on steroids. 
I have no patience for it. 
Nor for the way she flutters around the office like a modern-day Tinkerbell. 
She has ridiculous taste in music. 
Drives an unreasonable form of transportation. 
And did I mention that I caught her dancing in my closet when I sent her on a simple errand?
My new assistant has somehow become my kryptonite.
But I am her boss, and I am not going to be a pathetic clichΓ©. 
It doesn’t matter that my cold, jaded heart has started beating again. 
In my world, a beating heart makes you weak. 
And I do not tolerate weaknesses.



MEET LAURA PAVLOV

Laura Pavlov writes sweet and sexy contemporary romance that will make you both laugh and cry. She is happily married to her college sweetheart, mom to two awesome almost-grown kids, and dog-whisperer to one temperamental yorkie and one wild bernedoodle. Laura resides in Las Vegas where she is living her own happily ever after. Be sure to sign up for updates on new releases. Laura loves to hear from readers!

Connect with Laura
Website: https://www.laurapavlov.com/
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/6569734.Laura_Pavlov
Amazon: http://amzn.to/3c1xKZX
Facebook: http://bit.ly/3eSvEdp
Facebook Group: https://bit.ly/2OKU6T5
Instagram: https://bit.ly/2TKf5Zs
Twitter: https://twitter.com/laurapavlov2
Bookbub: http://bit.ly/3ii8Vdp