BOOKWORM REVIEW: Saving the Single Dad by Ashley Muñoz

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: 🔥🔥🔥.5

I am always a little wary when kids are involved in romance reads. My preference is either to barely involve them or to go all in.

For Ashley Muñoz to go all in and to go all in so hard was perfection to me. 

Haley Hanes tried to make the most of a rough life. Born out of an affair, she has been alienated by her older half-siblings. It did not help that her parents were not exactly the loving type. After helping her oldest half-brother Colton's relationship, she decided to stick around Mount Macon to see if she can connect better with the brother that once did not even acknowledge her existence. And while Colton has started to warm up to her, his best friend Liam -- and some of Macon's residents -- has yet to get that memo.

Liam Croft has other worries than the woman who keeps inhabiting his thoughts. He is trying to juggle being a single dad to three very lively daughters and keeping a drowning boxing gym afloat. He has had a revolving door of nannies who were more interested in him than their own charge. When Haley offers to help with the first problem, he is skeptical that the woman whom he thought was born with a silver spoon in her mouth could handle his kids. She passes with flying colors as all three girls adore her, and she also has zero interest in him. Right? 

Assumptions between the two start to get debunked, and the more and more they learn about each other, the more they find out that those initial feelings of lust may give way to deeper feelings.

This book will capture your attention from the prologue and won't let you go from its scintillating grasp until the epilogue. Haley and Liam's love story is a journey full of angst, romance, and spice. His daughters' presence in this tale is strong and beautifully woven into their arc of finding understanding and a happily ever after. Haley's growing relationship with each daughter was incredibly wholesome and endearing. I loved the care Muñoz has put into Haley's individual connection with each girl.

I also enjoyed the reverse dynamic of Haley carrying the heavier purse strings in this relationship. Ashley Muñoz did a great job of exploring this dynamic, especially in lieu of Liam's struggling business. 

This is the last of Muñoz's Mount Macon series, and it can be read as a standalone. There are characters from previous books that show up in this read, and Liam and Haley's story ties into the second book's ending. BUT Muñoz did a great job of adding some context to make it more accessible for new readers (or readers who forget -- like me). I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of the releases in this series.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Ashley Muñoz for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Being a nanny for three girls who belong to a grumpy boxing legend was not on my list of plans when I followed my brother to Macon, Oregon.

I went from ruling the boardroom to baking cupcakes in the blink of an eye. 

And aside from a few mishaps and seemingly always upsetting their dad, it oddly fits me better than anything else I’ve ever done.
Until Liam put everything into question. 

Bossy, broody, and rude, he’s twelve years older than me, and a force...An annoyingly overprotective wall of muscle and ink. 

But behind that perpetual scowl on his face was something deeper…worry and fear that no one saw him carry.

I wanted to help him.
But Liam Croft doesn’t want my help…
He just wants me.

I gave in to his touch, surrendered to our desire, and handed him my heart. 
It was reckless and maybe even a little stupid…Because I want to rescue Liam Croft…
Even if saving him means losing him. 


MEET ASHLEY MUNOZ

Ashley resides in the Pacific Northwest, where she lives with her four children and her husband. She loves coffee, reading fantasy, and writing about people who kiss and cuss.

Connect with Ashley
Website: https://www.ashleymunozbooks.com/
Facebook: https://bit.ly/3MOeXAW
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2JatpXh
Goodreads: https://bit.ly/3MMhvzz
Instagram: https://bit.ly/3F9k1gS
TikTok: https://bit.ly/3ON2lfg