BOOKWORM REVIEW: Highest Bidder by Sara Cate


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Hello Daddy Ronan!

Sara Cate has another home run with the latest installment of the Salacious Players Club. Ronan Kade kept a simple billionaire lifestyle. Business by day, SPC by night. No strings attached for whoever comes to his private room in the club. When SPC server Daisy is on the auction block after she loses a bet, Ronan comes to her rescue by outbidding everyone else for her and making what used to be a simple -- albeit extravagantly rich -- life more complicated.

Daisy could be more opposite of the confident and wealthy Mr. Kade. Living in a van, she hesitates to pursue her dream and ended up bringing drinks to customers at SPC. Now she cannot believe she has the attention of the wealthiest man in the club, and she owes him a date. Will she come clean with a secret she harbors about him?

If this read was a dessert, it would be the decadently rich variety that you savor for every bite. Despite many attempts to slow your eating, you still devour it faster than you wanted or anticipated, and you completely miss it already at the last bite. Ronan and Daisy's chemistry is like pure sweet chocolate that makes you close your eyes and enjoy it in absolute ecstasy. There is a well-infused side of angst that will have you emotionally wrecked for our main characters. 

The spice has a very nice kick to it that lingers not only on your palate but also in your mind for a long time. Just in case you're the type to read reviews and not descriptions, this has DADDY tropes all over it. A big ol' age gap is not everyone's yum so you have been warned.

EDEN! I cannot believe your story is next, and I cannot wait for it.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Sara Cate for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

He’s not just rich…he’s filthy rich.
When I started working at Salacious Players’ Club, I never expected to end up on the auction block ready to grant a date to the highest bidder.
This club is not really my scene. I’m not the kind of girl rich guys take home. I’m more of a piano-playing, van-living, free-spirit kind of girl.
So when Ronan Kade, the richest man at the club, puts down over a hundred grand for my time, how can I tell him no?
But he’s too old. Too rich. Too cocky.
And oh yeah…he once dated my mother.
Except he doesn’t know that. He has no idea who I am.
One date turns into a trip to Paris. And an offer to live with him in his penthouse. Then a promise to take care of me.
Before I know it, I’m calling this silver fox my daddy.
Ronan Kade only bid on one date, but I think he’s winning much more than that.
Can we overcome the years between us to find happiness?
And will he find it in him to forgive me when he learns the secret I’ve been keeping?


    

MEET SARA CATE

Sara Cate is a USA Today best-selling author of steamy romance and sexy book boyfriends. Although she writes a wide range of tropes, Sara is best known for her age gap and taboo romances. One thing you can expect from her entire collection is heaps of steam and plenty of angst.

Living in Arizona with her husband and kids, Sara spends most of her time reading, writing, or baking.

Connect with Sara