BOOKWORM REVIEW: The Fae Princes by Nikki St. Crowe


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Action, intrigue, suspense, unbridled spicy scenes. I will certainly miss The Vicious Lost Boys series.

Book Four picks up from Book Three's cliffhanger -- no spoilers here! -- and it leaves our motley crew shaken. They try to process this latest turn of events, and that journey is the heart of this read. Now they must fight for control of Neverland. 

The previous books have set the bar significantly high, so when I say that this installment is probably my least favorite of the bunch, it still remains one of the strongest books I've read this year. The pacing, plot development, and storytelling are incredibly solid. We get so much character substance about side characters like Roc and Hook. I think St. Crowe's effort to transition this series into her next one does not leave much room for more spice and action that we have come to expect from the others.

Nonetheless, the book is definitely gripping, and it leaves us with a gratifying conclusion as we move on to the next chapter.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Nikki St. Crowe for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

I thought Peter Pan was a myth and Neverland a fairytale. A story spun by my mother who had lost her mind a long time ago.

But there was no denying the overwhelming shadow cast by Peter Pan when he was standing in my house.

Pan took me captive to Neverland and I somehow found my place among him and the Lost Boys.

I’ve never looked back.

Now I’m entangled right alongside him in a war we can’t seem to escape. We thought we had defeated our enemies.

We thought we could finally have our happily ever after.

But there was one enemy we never saw coming.

A fairy who has nothing to lose and everything to gain.

The fairy with golden wings and a dark, twisted heart.

She wants Peter Pan and the island and she’ll stop at nothing to have both. Including destroying anyone who stands in her way, even her own flesh and blood.

NOTE: The Fae Princes is a reimagining of Peter and Wendy. Characters have been aged up for this darker, grittier version. If you like your enemies to lovers romance with hot, ruthless, morally gray love interests, you’ll enjoy this series. You can expect hate kissing, fighting, bickering, and ‘touch her and I’ll unalive you’ vibes. The Fae Princes is the final book in the main storyline for Vicious Lost Boys Series.

Please check the author's website for CWs.



MEET NIKKI ST. CROWE

When I love a villain…I want him to get the girl in the end.

Eric Northman. Damon Salvatore. Lestat de Lioncourt. Give me all the villains, monsters, and anti-heroes.

I’ve been writing since grade school when the pages of my stories were filled with adventure and treasure hunting. My first book was about a magical mansion full of gold and jewels. 

I’ve since ditched the treasure hunts in favor of something better: steamy, sexy romance with all the villains. Now I spend most of my days daydreaming and writing about the bad boys of paranormal romance. You can usually find me at my desk with a cup of coffee and the kind of music my daughter calls gothic fairytale. I don’t know if that’s a good descriptor or not but you can check out my current favorite Spotify playlist here: https://bit.ly/demonking

If you’re like me and you love steamy villain romance, stick around and let’s sink into a dark and magical world on the page together.

Connect with Nikki