BOOKWORM REVIEW: Not As Planned by Harlow James


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Sometimes your soulmate appears in your life when you least expect it.

Noelle certainly did not expect to connect with Grant while she had a breastmilk leak at a coffee shop. The charming pilot literally gave her the shirt off his back and watched over her baby while she changed. Did we mention he was serious eye candy..especially in a uniform?

But the road to happily ever after is not easy as Noelle and Grant have to wrestle with their own relationship demons while trying to connect. Can their connection survive the bumpy road?

The Ladies Who Brunch series has certainly delivered powerful stories of love and friendship, and while Noelle and Grant's story does not knock out Charlotte and Damien's as a favorite, it is a great story about second chances and falling in love with a family.

I adore Grant. He is so adorable during their meet-cute. His immediate connection with Noelle and her daughter Scarlet endears us immediately to him. I admire Noelle's independence and resilience. As someone who is familiar with navigating parenthood by myself, I can only imagine what it is like to be mostly alone in raising a child. I am so glad that she has her ladies and her family (and eventually Grant) to support her.

This is the fourth installment in the series, but Harlow James provides enough context about previous characters for it to read as a standalone. I was sad when I thought this was the final book, but I am certainly glad that goofy Jeffrey will get his own story. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Harlow James for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

“So you’re single?”

“Are you seriously hitting on me right now while I have breastmilk all over my shirt?”

When Grant Thomas, the handsome stranger standing in front of me in line at the coffee shop, stripped his uniform shirt off and handed it to me, I could have sworn I was on an episode of Punked. Not only was the man Gabe Keppler’s doppelganger, but he was also a pilot and good with babies, which my six month-old daughter could attest to as she settled in his arms while I changed into his shirt, contemplating all of my life choices at that moment.

Being a single mom is a lot harder than I thought it would be, but that was the decision I made when I chose to have a child via sperm donor since I was tired of waiting on Mr. Right.

But suddenly, Mr. I’m-Too-Sexy-for-my-Shirt appears in my life—not only once, but twice—and has me wondering where the hell he’s been and why I didn’t meet him sooner?

Grant demonstrates time and again that he’s invested in me and my daughter, shows up for me when I need him the most, and makes my toes curl in a way I didn’t know was possible.

He’s perfect. Our relationship is perfect.

Until it’s not.

When the inkling that I’m missing something comes to fruition, there’s only one question I need to answer…

Will my heart end up broken like every time before, leaving me destined to be alone?

Or could our path to find one another prove that not everything happens as planned?


    

ABOUT HARLOW JAMES

Harlow James is a wife and mom who fell in love with romance novels, so she decided to write her own.

Her books are the perfect blend of heartwarming, addictive, and steamy romance. If you love stories with a guaranteed Happily Ever After, then Harlow is your new best friend.

When she's not writing, she can be found working her day job, reading every romance novel she can find time for, laughing with her husband and kids, watching re-runs of FRIENDS, and spending time cooking for her friends and family while drinking White Claws and Margaritas.

Connect with Harlow