BOOKWORM REVIEW: Noire by Anna Fury


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Anna Fury brings her A-game to this new series. It is dark, it is riveting, and it is super-hot.

Diana is the latest mark in the Temple Maze. Once the Maze's profiler, she has lost her usefulness for the evil woman who rules the labyrinth. Now she must face the monsters she used to analyze. Her strategy: Find the Alpha Noire, her only key to escaping.

Noire isn't buying it. This beautiful woman is not the first nor the last to offer an escape from the prison he's lived in for seven years. It does not mean he could not take advantage of the attraction he hasn't felt in ages. Can Diana change his mind?

This read -- and series -- is a serious departure from Anna Fury's debut Omegaverse universe, but the qualities that make Anna an automatic addition to my library are ever-present. Phenomenal world-building introduces us to a world that is dark, gory, and sometimes hopeless. The intricate details about the different locations bring them to life; the maze itself becomes one of the main characters. The action and suspense as the characters navigate the maze keep readers on the edge of their seats as if you are trying the survive the maze with them.

Of course, it would not be an Anna Fury read without elevated spicy scenes, and she brings it in this read. I love the nuanced sexy moments between Diana and Noire. The chemistry transforms from a lust-based fling to a deeper connection that intertwines human love with the more animalistic Alpha-Omega bond, and it is done to perfection with the fast pace of the book.

This is the first of the series, and it does a great job of establishing a solid foundation that will keep us wanting more. I am already counting down to reading Jet's story.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Anna Fury for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Welcome to the Temple, the brutal maze where a cunning warlord rules over imprisoned monsters, bending and using them according to her whims. The maze is a dumping ground for souls in need of snuffing out. Got a relative you dislike? Send them in for prompt dispatch. Perhaps a political rival is a thorn in your side? For a price, you can have Rama’s psycho pets kill them for you. Happy hunting.

DIANA
I crossed a ruthless woman, and my punishment? Death within the walls of her Temple Maze. The murderous beasts trapped in these dark halls have only one job tonight–to take my life.

The maze is a game, one where the house always wins. But I’ve got a few secrets of my own. The key to my plan is unleashing the maze’s most dangerous monster–Noire. I know what he wants most of all, and I’ll offer it in exchange for revenge, something only he is capable of exacting.

NOIRE
Marks will say anything to save their skins. I’ve heard every possible lie when they’re begging for their lives.

But tonight’s hunt is different. When I reach my mark, I find a stunning woman. Diana’s body calls to mine, creating a blistering, blinding need that compels me. Her offer is even more enticing: freedom in exchange for exacting vengeance on the woman behind the maze’s creation. The woman I hate with every dark and twisted fiber of my being.

Can I keep Diana safe long enough to get us out? Or will the maze destroy us as we risk everything for our freedom?

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3PDA9LJ

MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three year old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna