BOOKWORM REVIEW: Hide and Peak by Victoria Wilder


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Ah, Giselle and Henry. The story I've been looking for since reading Peaks of Color

The adversaries I fell in love with in Book One are back with their own story, and it turns out that they have history.  A more in-depth history full of mystery, spice, and banter, and I am here for it. Despite their attempts to stay apart, that chemistry, that tension, that deep attraction just keep pulling them together. 

When Giselle's past comes back to haunt both of them -- along with their loved ones and their small town -- could it be the final thing that will forever keep them apart?

I love me some sassy FMC and a MMC that is supposed to hate every moment he's around her (but secretly loves it). And this book delivered it and more. Giselle is a firecracker, and Henry provides some balance to her fierce personality (which is why she's got her shields up). 

Their connection is just riveting; you can't help but turn the pages to see what happens next. The mystery around Giselle's past life will also have you wanting to know more.

This can be read as a standalone, but it does refer to characters and events from Book One. You do get enough context if this is your first read from the series.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Victoria Wilder for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Alluring. Sexy. Liar.

The newest stranger in Strutt's Peak has a mouth as loud and captivating as the bright tattoos drawn all over her body. But she's no stranger to me. Because I’ve met her.

I’ve kissed her lips.
And I'm the only one who knows her secret.
She’s supposed to be dead.

Now, I hide the truth and keep her safe. Pretend we never met. Try to forget I ever touched her. Ignore that she’s always around. She's my sister's best friend now, but before that, I wanted her to be mine.

My family runs one of the country's most successful winter sports brands, making me high-profile, a target for small-town gossip, and national recognition. All of it, dangerous for her.

The stakes are too high. I know the rules. So why can't I follow them? How am I supposed to stay away from her when all I wanted to do was find her? How can I hide her and keep her safe when what I really want is to make her mine?

This is a spicy small-town interconnected, standalone romance.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) ➡️ https://amzn.to/3uhQ09R

MEET VICTORIA WILDER

Forever a hopeful romantic, author Victoria Wilder writes deliciously witty and wild characters. Her stories range from small-town swoon-worthy men to fiercely powerful families and lead characters who aren't afraid to ask for what they want. And always a happy ending. It's romance!

You will always find a little bit of fate, a whole lot of steam, and a wildly romantic ride.

She's an east coast girl always chasing the next season and living it up with her husband, two kiddos, and dog, Linus. When she's not reading or writing you'll find her at a kickboxing class or finding an excuse to enjoy the beach.

She believes in the power of a great dirty martini with extra olives and that a great pair of sneakers can be just as powerful as heels to put you in the right mood. 

Connect with Victoria