BOOKWORM REVIEW: Heartless Heathen by Anna Fury

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

I know this book is far from a cowboy romance, but for any Yellowstone fans out there who love, adore, worship Beth Dutton's sassiness, boy do I have a character for you.

Luna just wanted to visit her bestie in Ayas. What she did not expect was to sass grumpy bartender Titan and set off an intense -- albeit harmless -- feud with the Alpha. Now she cannot seem to stop bantering with him, sometimes to a point of poking the feral animal underneath. He's supposedly a gentle giant per her friends (but she cannot seem to be on the receiving end of that treatment), so if she pokes hard enough, what could he possibly do?

Besides, their motley crew of Alphas and Omegas has a lot on their plate. Their attempt to keep a troublemaking pack in check backfires when the powers that be sends a religious zealot to manage said pack. A team of researchers wanting to learn more about Alphas is also coming their way. Luna and Titan should not have much time to feed the fire fueled by their unresolved tension..

I really enjoyed this stop in the Northern Rejects ride. Luna and Titan are hot messes in more ways than one, and I love them for it. The chemistry between them was just sizzling from the get-go, despite their futile efforts to fight it. Then Anna Fury adds fuel to the fire with her creativity in spice studies, and it is pretty much a bumpy, thirsty journey from there.

This second book in the series can be read as a standalone, but it does bring back characters from this series and from Fury's Alpha Compound series. There are interconnected subplots, but Fury does a great job of infusing details into the story to bring newbies up to speed.

It has a fantastic mix of romance, angst, spice, action, and suspense. I always look forward to the book's climax -- no, not THAT KIND of climax, I'm talking the action-filled kind -- because I know Anna brings the intense action. I have to say that I was also not prepared for the waterworks she induces in us with the angst in the end.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Anna Fury for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

TITAN
I was fine, happy even, before Luna Brooks showed up in town. I run a successful bar, am part of the best pack there is, and have great friends.

Everything about Luna irritates me. She’s too bubbly, too happy, too mouthy…too gorgeous. I’d ignore her, but we're forced to work together for the good of the pack. We just need to get one simple project done. But the more time I spend in the sunny Cali girl’s presence, the darker my thoughts turn. She’s not my type—I prefer obedience—and she’s not even staying in Ayas long-term.

Yet every time she opens that pouty mouth to snark at me, I think about what she really needs—punishment. And God help me, I want to be the man to dish it out.

LUNA

If I had a dollar for every time Titan scowls at me, I'd be a millionaire. The pack enforcer is crazy hot, but he's got the personality of a wet rag.

Still, my bestie asked me to work with him for the good of the family. For her, I can put the enemies-to-enemies vibe aside.

Color me shocked when I discover Titan has a kind streak a mile wide, especially for the unfortunate women stuck in another local pack.

If we can put our differences aside, we’ll help not only our pack but those other women too. The only question is, will we survive each other long enough to make it happen?

HEARTLESS HEATHEN is the second book in the Northern Rejects series and features a grumpy pack enforcer trying to tame a wild Cali girl.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) ➡️ https://amzn.to/3uftqid


MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three-year-old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna