BOOKWORM REVIEW: Rock Hard Reject by Anna Fury


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

So..everyone knows I am a Mitchell Bancroft fan. I will ride or die with that fictional man as my book husband until the end of time. But ever since Stone came into the picture? I am been hungry for a fictional sandwich between these two pack alphas.

This series kicks off after the events of the Alpha Compound Series. Stone is trying to rebuild, especially after Mitchell's pack has left and some of his leadership has bailed. He definitely has a lot on his plate, and now he has to add dealing with Erin and the attraction he has suppressed for the town mayor.

Erin also has her own baggage to deal with. Not only does managing a town keep her busy, but she found her husband in flagrante with someone else. When her political responsibilities become dangerous, she has to lean on Stone to keep her safe. Without her marriage as a buffer, she has no obstacles getting in the way of reconnecting with Stone.

So this book has a lot going on. In addition to recapping relevant details from the previous series, it also introduces us to the new set of characters AND tells Stone and Erin's story. But Anna Fury does a great job of not overwhelming readers in one go and providing just enough context.

Now let's get to the main characters. Stone had my attention when he was first introduced in this fictional universe. He's assertive but respectful, domineering but gentle. Obviously, a leader like him needs someone who is strong, and Erin fits that role to a T. There is this wonderful balance between her and Stone, and I  really enjoyed going through the arc of their relationship.

It is an Anna Fury read, so you definitely get a nice mix of suspense, action, romance, and spice. If you are a veteran read of Fury's work, I do not need to tell you to be prepared with lots of water and extra underwear. If you're new, welcome and have at least 64 oz. of hydration with you.

This was a fantastic kickoff to this new series, and I cannot wait for the other books. It can definitely be read as a standalone, but while you are waiting for the other books to be released, I would definitely recommend picking up The Alpha Compound series.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Anna Fury for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Erin
Cheating husband? Check. Messy divorce? Check. My life is complicated, and the only positive is my thriving trucking business. But I’m glad my husband’s leaving—because I’ve never been able to forget Stone, the boy who broke my heart when we were stupid teenagers.

He’s single now too. The problem? My life might be complicated, but his is downright dangerous.

When the local biker gang attacks me for speaking out against their illicit trafficking activity, Stone demands I stay on his ranch for my protection. But what really needs protecting is my heart.

Stone
I don’t know what it says about me that I’ve been rejected twice. First by my mate, and then by almost my entire pack. But I don’t miss them like I probably should—and nowhere near as much as I miss Erin. Unfortunately, I screwed up my only chance with her when we were just teenagers.

When she’s attacked, it sends my protective instinct into overdrive. Turns out having her living in my home is harder than I thought it’d be, because there’s nothing I won’t do for a second chance with the woman my body sings for.

ROCK HARD REJECT is the first book in the Northern Rejects series. It features a grumpy rancher trying to right past wrongs and mend two broken hearts in the same go.

Pre-order Your Copy → https://amzn.to/3K8WMpI

 

MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three-year-old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna