BOOKWORM REVIEW: Ruthless Creatures by J.T. Geissenger


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: 🔥🔥🔥🔥

I am binge-reading the previous books in the Queens and Monsters series to catch up for the Brutal Vows release. 

I was not ready for Kage Porter. The mysterious and broody stranger has his sights sets on Natalie Peterson. It's too bad that she's not really looking for a relationship, especially since she is still mourning her missing fiancé after the guy suddenly disappeared without a trace five years ago. But Kage's undeniable presence continues to draw Nat in, but it looks like it's not just her consent and surrender he's after.

This book was more like a ride on the crazy train instead of a roller coaster, and I mean that in a good way. It had a slower pace than I expected for a mafia romantic suspense but it picks up quickly in the end. I am still not certain if Kage would qualify as an alpha-roll because of what he does for a living, but he sure is a big cinnamon roll when it comes to Nat. A big dirty-talking, gruff cinnamon roll.

I love Nat's character arc in this book. We don't get to see much of the before Nat, but J.T. Geissenger does a great job in establishing the growth through subtle details in other characters' accounts. In the end, she rises up to be this sassy, fierce woman who takes no crap from anyone, including her big and broody man.

There is definitely no shortage of spicy scenes in this one. Even public, no-touch interactions with these two could light a Kindle on fire. 

I definitely enjoyed the climax -- not that spicy kind, I meant the action variety -- of the book. I wish the conflict with the Russian boss was dragged out longer, but the hint for the next couple in that epilogue has me rubbing my hands, itching for Book Two already.

ABOUT THE BOOK

Five years ago, my fiancé disappeared. He left me with a wedding dress I’d never wear. Left me with the kind of scars that can’t be healed. The man I built my future on vanished like a ghost. All that remained were my broken heart and unanswered questions.

Until a mysterious stranger arrives in town.

Tall, dark, and dangerous, Kage is as full of secrets as he is sex appeal. Though I know he’s hiding something, I’m drawn to him like a moth to flame.

The intensity of our connection is addictive, unlike anything I’ve ever felt before. Heat crackles between us with every look, desire flares into passion, and I fall hard, unable to resist.

But when I discover how he’s tied to the darkness in my past, I learn what happens when you fly recklessly into fire:

You get burned.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3O8y0aD


MEET J.T. GEISSINGER

J.T. Geissinger is a #1 international bestselling and Amazon All-Star author of twenty-eight novels. Ranging from funny, feisty romcoms to intense, edgy suspense, her books have sold over seven million copies and been translated into more than a dozen languages.

She is a three-time nominee in both contemporary and paranormal romance for the RITA® Award, the highest distinction in romance fiction from the Romance Writers of America®. She is also a recipient of the Prism Award for Best First Book and the Golden Quill Award for Best Paranormal/Urban Fantasy.

She hates selfies, adores cocktail hour, and passionately believes in true love.

Connect with her in her Facebook reader group, Geissinger's Gang

Connect with J.T.
Newsletter ➡️ http://bit.ly/1IbgZZI
Reader group ➡️ http://bit.ly/2xbtnY3
Amazon ➡️ http://amzn.to/1xQN4za
Bookbub ➡️ http://bit.ly/2a88kdV
Signed books ➡️ http://bit.ly/38vK9DD