BOOKWORM REVIEW: Sleepwalk by Anna Fury


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

😭😲😭😭😭πŸ₯΅πŸ₯΅πŸ€―🀯😭

..And that's my review.

Just kidding, but I did cycle through those emotions at least twice during this read.

Anna Fury did it again. Just when you think you know what you're going to get in the next installment of Alpha Compound, she pulls the rug from underneath you and has you liking it.

Our favorite Alpha Compound friends are hitting the road to escape the Task Force. Their main stop is a pack camp in Canada, where only the pack alpha and a handful of unmated omegas are happy to see them. During this trek, our favorite pack strategist Griz has made up his mind to come clean to researcher Jude about his feelings. He's known for three years that she is his omega, but these two have been walking on eggshells around each other. 

His love is not as unrequited as he thought, but secrets and circumstances are stopping Jude from completing their bond.

These two are a beautiful mess. Griz is a spicy alpha-roll who despite his efforts to put himself first, cannot really help but cater to Jude's needs. He is loyal and sweet; he gets bonus points for knowing his way around the kitchen. Jude is smart, and while she has not come to her full powers, her real omega strength is being an empath. She is quick to observe and address how people feel with the right amount of sympathy. Ironically, she is equally as fast to suppress her own emotional needs.

Abundant is the amount of angst in this book as these two toggle back-and-forth with their emotions and connection. While it normally could get frustrating, Anna does a great job in inserting humor, suspense, action, or spice to avoid a monotonous emotional tug-of-war.

If there was ever a question about Anna Fury's ability to write spicy scenes, I have one word for you: Omegamatic. Each book in the series just levels up on the spice, and I cannot emphasize enough this tip: You MUST have water within reach.

While this book brings us to a whole new setting, the fantastic world-building remains. Details of the landscape and new characters are infused into the story without feeling overwhelming, and we find ourselves falling in love with them as much as we love the main characters in the Alpha Compound pack. 

That said, this book can very much stand on its own, but I highly recommend you read Books One through Three to get the full effect. You also get glimpses of events that will affect Book Five's couple, who happens to be near-and-dear to my heart, and will leave you begging Anna to release it soon.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. **


    

ABOUT THE BOOK

My name is Jude, and like everyone, I’ve got secrets. Unfortunately, mine involves my family’s part in the creation of the Awaken virus, which turned normal men into violent, ruthless alphas three years ago. It was an accident, but now we’re on the run while I try to right my wrongs.

Jude

I’ve spent three years hiding from the government, trying to find a cure for the alpha wildling phase, those volatile initial days after the transition. If I can do this, it will change everything.

There’s just one problem–Griz. He’s the New York alpha pack’s strategist. Brilliant, kind, possessive. Perfect. I’m his mate, although I have to keep him at arm’s length. He loves me because he doesn’t know me–not really. What’s worse is I can’t tell him, because I need his pack to keep me safe until I find a cure. But the blazing, simmering need between us is undeniable, making it hard not to reveal my truth to him.

If almost ending the world and having a doomed romance with a hot alpha wasn’t enough, my father’s been acting increasingly strange. His behavior leads me to believe he’s up to something sketchy with our research. I can’t let Griz and the pack be at further risk because of my work, but I’m terrified of what will happen when the truth gets out.

When we’re forced to flee the Compound, and I’m in close proximity with Griz every day, it all comes to a head.. I’ve got to tell him the truth, but what he’ll do with it is anybody’s guess. Possibly kill me, definitely kick me out of the pack.

There’s no way he could ever still love me, though...right?

Sleepwalk is the fourth book in the Alpha Compound series, by Anna Fury. This dystopian MF omegaverse romance features a tormented heroine and resourceful alpha finding their happily ever after.

Pre-order → https://amzn.to/3mIaVQc
Add to Goodreads → https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/59633919-sleepwalk

MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three year old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna