BOOKWORM REVIEW: Handsome Devil by Sara Cate


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Helloooo Dr. Henry!

Handsome Devil takes us a cross-country ride with Henry and Laila. Henry's daughter Kirsten is having an impromptu wedding while vacationing in Las Vegas, and because of a snowstorm, he has to drive across the country from Boston. He also happens to live in the same city as his daughter's best friend who is also trying to make the last-minute ceremony, and Kirsten has asked Dad to give Laila a ride.

Well, not that kind of ride, but with 2,716 miles in closed quarters, what could possibly happen between a sinfully handsome (and British) older man and a younger, smart, beautiful woman?

Yeah, the other kind of ride.

Despite the short read, this book is rich with chemistry-building and character development. You fall in love with Henry and Laila as they navigate through different states. While they do drill home the 18-year age gap and how they know each other, all of that matters less and less as all of us get closer to Vegas. 

There are some hilarious moments, some spicy moments, and some hilarious AND spicy moments. Sara Cate does a great job in building a simmering tension between these two through their conversations and small gestures. 

If you are looking for a fun, low-angst, low-drama, super-hot quick read, I hope you like this book as much as I did.


ABOUT THE BOOK

There are exactly 2,716 miles between my home in Boston and my best friend in Las Vegas. When she calls me to let me know that she’s about to get married and needs me at her ceremony in five days, how could I refuse?
Just one problem. These winter storms have all the flights cancelled.
Luckily for me, I’m not the only person desperate to get to that wedding. Kirsten’s dad, whom I’ve never met, is waiting outside my apartment, willing to drive me across the country so neither of us miss the wedding.

By New York, I learn that Henry James is the smuggest British man I have ever met.
In Chicago, he makes me question every single life choice I’ve made.
It’s in Denver that we finally break the forbidden rules between us.

By the time we reach Vegas, my best friend may never want to speak to me again—because I’ve fallen head over heels for her dad.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3I8XOzT

MEET SARA CATE

Sara Cate is a USA Today best-selling author of steamy romance and sexy book boyfriends. Although she writes a wide range of tropes, Sara is best known for her age gap and taboo romances. One thing you can expect from her entire collection is heaps of steam and plenty of angst.

Living in Arizona with her husband and kids, Sara spends most of her time reading, writing, or baking.

Connect with Sara