BOOKWORM REVIEW: Heart Campaign by Rebecca Gallo

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

As someone who lives a stone's throw away from DC, I am always wary about reading non-fiction books about politics yet I am a complete sucker for political romance. πŸ€·‍♀️

I started this book through the most recent episode of Read Me Romance, and while I am still going to listen to the second half in the following episode, I wanted to know what happened.  (This is also why I don't do well with cliffhangers.)

Heart Campaign is the short follow-up to Rebecca Gallo's duet Presidential Bargain and Capitol Promises.

We see their story through Mallory's eyes. She is the U.S. First Lady's chief of staff and has a long history of butting heads with Sean, the President's chief of staff. Neither one of them could quite grasp why everyone, including the POTUS and FLOTUS, think it is all foreplay and sexual tension.

A military widow, Mallory is especially hesitant to jump in any relationships as she has not quite fully grieved her husband.

While the President and his wife prepare for an international trip, Sean and Mallory are sent to Congress to negotiate a bill.

I have not read the duet, so I am sure I am missing out on more verbal foreplay between these two from those books.  However, Rebecca Gallo manages to build the tension in such a short read. The premise of the book's climax was a little strange given the context of actual current events, which is the price to pay in doing political genres, but you quickly get over that by how hot that scene was.

Even though this is a sequel, it does a really good job in compelling me to go back and read the duet.

Heart Campaign is available as an e-book (which is free through Kindle Unlimited) and as an audiobook through the Read Me Romance podcast.

Get the eBook » https://amzn.to/3hrTjW2

Listen to Heart Campaign by Rebecca Gallo FREE!