BOOKWORM REVIEW: Happy Trails by J.C. Moon

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have been suffering from a book slump lately, and I am trying to shake it off by reading something different from my usual reads.

This one did not disappoint.

The Happy Trails follow Aster's adventures as she's trying to find her brother and the rest of her family. Along the way, she navigates around the small town of Milour, running into and away from dark and scary Phantoms. Following her travels are the fun but equally mysterious Phantoms, which provided great comic relief.

I love how J.C. Moon integrates amazing art throughout the book to help you envision the world they are creating. It is a welcomed distraction as your brain tries to sort out what the heck is going on (and I mean that in a very good way). Going through this adventure reminded me a lot of playing Professor Layton games: from the look and feel of the art to slowly building the puzzle together to finally seeing the big picture at the end.

If you like suspense and mystery, I would definitely recommend this book.

Happy Trails is now available and is free with Kindle Unlimited.

PURCHASE LINK: https://amzn.to/3ncVXmn