BOOKWORM REVIEW: Fine Line by Persephone Autumn


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ 
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

If you're looking for a sweet slow burn with a cinnamon-roll hero, this is the book for you. While the sweet and slow burn are not my usual cup of tea, I actually enjoyed this because of the storytelling and how relatable the main and side characters are.

We first meet Jonas, pining for his best friend at her own wedding. He knows in his heart that she married her soul mate, but as he had loved her for so long, he has not quite gotten over it yet. When he goes to get more tattoo work done, he meets Autumn, the artist who is working on him, and he immediately becomes intrigued.

Autumn is not an easy nut to crack, however. She has built reinforced steel walls around her heart because of her past.  Good thing Jonas is so incredibly sweet, kind, and patient - super powers that seem to penetrate the steel that guards Autumn's heart.

Jonas, Jonas, Jonas. This fictional man is too good for any world, real or fictional. He is compassionate, understanding, and caring. A man who willingly comes to family dinners and helps Mom with the cooking. He works hard in his Dad's garage and is super-close with Pops. He adores and respects his two sisters. Most importantly, he takes such great care of his puppy Spartan.  He is clearly a great match to Autumn's more reserved and conservative demeanor. She is no match for his sweet displays of affection and willingness to wait until she is ready. 

What I love about Autumn is her quiet resolve and unwavering loyalty to the small circle of friends she keeps. She has an introverted charm that I can relate to so much. I find her connection with her best friend Penelope so adorable. They are both clearly in sync with each other.

I enjoyed this book because it did not have that tedious back-and-forth drama. While there are points of conflict and misunderstanding between Jonas and Autumn, they approach it with maturity and grace. It was just refreshing to read that kind of realistic courtship.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. **

This book is the first in the Inked Duet and is now available.

ABOUT THIS BOOK

Jonas
My heart shattered the day my best friend married her soulmate. A man I will always envy.
Cora was never meant to be mine. But I never understood the reason why.

Until now.
Until Autumn.

When I enter the tattoo shop, Autumn is the last person I expect. A woman who garners my attention.
A beaming star in my dark sky. A woman who soothes my soul and glues my broken pieces back together.

For the first time in years, I picture no one except Autumn in my arms. And I plan to make it a reality.

Autumn
My heart learned envy on my friend’s wedding day. She married her soulmate, but also enraptured another man.
Not getting romantically involved with anyone is my fate. The hand life dealt me. A notion I came to terms with years ago.

But all that gets thrown to the wayside the day I meet him.
Jonas.

The night Jonas sits in my chair, I forget how to breathe. Forget how to do anything except smile.
He kickstarts my heart and teaches it a new rhythm. A rhythm I memorize and play on repeat.

For the first time in years, I throw all my reasons for staying single out the window. For once, I trust life has given me another chance at love.

…until the past comes knocking on my door.


ABOUT PERSEPHONE AUTUMN


Persephone was born and raised in Florida, but dreams of living in the forest and mountains. After years in a corporate job, she switched careers and gained time to dive into writing. Shortly thereafter, she published her first book, Depths Awakened.

Connect with Persephone