BOOKWORM REVIEW: Twisted Games by Ana Huang

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

The bar for grumpy/sunshine reads had been set high after Twisted Love.

First of all, thank you, serendipity and my craving to find a strong, sassy Asian heroine, for leading me to Ava and Twisted Love. I have never been happier to go down this Twisted path.

Second and most important, Alex Volkov set the new standard for badass, alphahole book boyfriends.

Well, then Rhys said, hold my gun. (Okay, he wouldn't really do that, but let's just go with the metaphor.)

Twisted Games brings us the story of Rhys Larsen, grumpy bodyguard extraordinaire, and Bridget von Ascheberg, Disney princess come to life (with a whole lot of edge).

The story brings us back to their rocky start and eventually segues into the events from Twisted Love. I thought that was great; the history made their feelings more established and the sexual tension more palpable.

When Bridget eventually learns that her brother abdicates his claim to the Eldorran throne for love, she is thrown into a life that seems to be out of control and that makes a relationship with Rhys an impossibility...or is it?

The heroes are just first-class. I love me a good alpha Mentos (hard on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside), and Rhys fits that bill to a tee. I love that he's an "actions speak louder than words" kind of guy when showing his affection for Bridget.

Then there's the sex. Hotd*mn. I get why Bridget relinquishes control in the sheets; when you're in line to rule a country, sometimes you need someone else to tell you what to do...or to take action.

This is the second Ana Huang book I've read, and what I love about her heroines is that they're no pushovers. Ava was incredibly brave in overcoming her ghosts. Bridget is also as badass; she keeps cool under pressure and tackle adversity with poise and cunning. I definitely look forward to Stella and Jules' books.

PURCHASE LINKS
Free with Kindle Unlimited
Amazon US: https://amzn.to/2Vozl6e