BOOKWORM REVIEW: Give Me A Reason by A.L. Jackson

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This book intends to cut into your chest, squeeze your heart, and make you plead for more.

Trent and Eden's fates are intertwined. Single-dad Trent owns the nightclub where she works as a server, and she is his adorable son's teacher. They have an instant attraction to each other, but their pasts have built walls around their hearts. Still, there is an undeniable force that keeps them drawn to each other.

A.L. Jackson doesn't just tell us a story; she makes us a part of it with her writing.  I felt Trent and Eden's every thought and every emotion in my soul as I went from chapter to chapter.  While their attraction is instant, their attempts to pull away from the magnet that keeps pulling them together builds an incredible combustible tension. 

Trent Lawson is heartbreak and sin personified. One look and you know you should run away but can't.

Oh, Eden Murphy. She is an absolute ray of sunshine, but don't mistake her kindness and innocence for weakness. She is no pushover, and that's what Trent needs to break through his hardened heart.

The secondary characters are also sublime.  Gage is incredibly sweet and cute. You can tell why he has the only straight and open path to Trent's heart of stone.  And Jud. Gruff. Broody. Delicious as sin.

This book is a fantastic start to the Redemption Hill series, and it will have you begging for the rest.

**I received an ARC of this book and am voluntarily posting an honest review.**

Give Me A Reason is now available and is free with Kindle Unlimited.

Read on Amazon or with Kindle Unlimited: https://geni.us/GMARAmznB
Listen to the Audio Narrated by Connor Crais and Desiree Ketchum: https://geni.us/GMARAudioB
Order a Signed Paperback: https://geni.us/ALJacksonShop

BLURB
Eden Murphy came into my club looking to make some extra cash.
A girl like her didn't belong in a place like this. 
She'd get ripped to shreds.
Most likely by me.
There's nothing but sweetness dripping from her sexy little body, and I'm the monster who's salivating to get a taste. 

Trent Lawson is the last man I should want.
Dark.
Dangerous.
So wickedly gorgeous he makes my knees weak. 
He's also an arrogant jerk who happens to be my new boss. 

When I discover his adorable son is also in my kindergarten class, I know I have to keep my distance. 

But neither of us can ignore the attraction that flames.
One glance, and our hearts race. 
One touch, and we’re aching for what we can’t have. 
One night, and we’re falling fast.

Dragging her into my sordid world is wrong. 
It doesn’t matter. 
Eden Murphy is mine.