BOOKWORM REVIEW: The Alpha Awakens by Anna Fury



RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

If you want to read this book, you need a couple of things on hand before you start:

- A portable fan.
- A bottle of ice-cold water. 
- Possibly a clean pair of underwear.  

I'll explain later.

This book was so hot. So good that I wanted to take a day off just to finish it.

A virus hits Earth, turning male humans into wild beasts called the Awakened. Those infected have either been taken by the government or have gone into hiding.

Mal is an investigative reporter in New York, living with her roommate Penelope. She has developed some agoraphobic tendencies after witnessing her brother's transition into the Awakened.

She crosses paths with Orion, one of the Awakened - or Alphas as they prefer to be called - while he was on a mission to retrieve a wild pack member. Their brief interaction leads to Orion being sent back to monitor Mal, but his Alpha instincts seem to draw him closer to her. Mal ends up being asked to stay at the Alpha's Compound to write about the Alphas.

This book was an absolute page-turner. I kept eyeing my Kindle while I was working, doing chores, eating, etc. because I wanted to know what happens next.

I love a good sassy heroine, and Mal just delivers in spades. I love that despite her being a couple of feet shorter than the Alphas, she still goes toe-to-toe with them.  

And Orion. My new book boyfriend. He's the guy you warn to behave in public places, because his dirty talking will have you losing your mind and inhibitions in a heartbeat.

The chemistry between Mal and Orion is just πŸ”₯. Their interactions will leave you breathless (which is why you need the fan), thirsty (water bottle), and turned on (clean underwear).  I was struggling to make sure that the edit I created captured their sexiness without getting banned from platforms for obscenity.

The rest of the Alphas are as delicious. They each bring their own brand of charm, and I absolutely cannot wait for their respective books.

If you love omegaverse, scifi romance or alphas, I 100% recommend this book.  Buy it right now or shove one book off your Kindle Unlimited list for this one.