BOOKWORM RE-READS: Arrogant Devil by R.S. Grey

 


⌛ BOOKWORM RE-READS ⌛

When authors I like publish new books, I almost always bump them to the head of the line. So when R.S. Grey released Arrogant Devil, I did the usual. That night, I settled into the bed and started reading, not anticipating that I was in for an emotional roller coaster.

The book is about Meredith Avery, who runs away from her husband of five years.  She jumps on a plane from California to Texas with nothing but the clothes on her back, hoping that her estranged sister would help her out.

Unfortunately, her sister Helen is abroad on vacation, so she sends Meredith to her boss Jack Davenport.

To everyone else in her family, Meredith left them in the dust in Texas after marrying her wealthy husband. Since then, she was living a spoiled socialite life with minimal contact with them. This is the impression that Helen had passed along to Jack, so he assumed that the well-dressed woman coming his way wouldn't last as his housekeeper.

Boy, was he wrong. 

This book is one of Grey's slow-burn books, and while I tend to πŸ˜’ on those (with a few exceptions), there is a very good reason for it in this one.  You barely even notice because the build-up to the πŸ”₯ is full of humor (thanks to Jack's grandmother Edith who embraces Meredith with open arms) and tension-filled banter between Jack and Meredith. 

You also get the antics of the adorable Alfred, Jack's golden retriever.

As much as I LOVE the romance, the biggest impression this book left on me was the twist (and I won't spoil it!). Discovering why Meredith left broke my heart, and seeing her process it with Edith left me in tears.

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

PURCHASE LINK
Arrogant Devil is free with Kindle Unlimited.
Amazon: https://amzn.to/3zFJryP