BOOKWORM REVIEW: Reckless by Elsie Silver

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Theo Dale Silva will ruin you for many book boyfriends. 

Yes, I said it, and I will die on that hill. If Winter Hamilton wasn't so relatable and adorable, I would steal him away.

Winter came to Chestnut Springs on a hope and a prayer that her estranged sister Summer would welcome her with open arms. Or at least an open door. You see, Winter left her home, her skeezy husband, and her mentally abusive mother for the half-sister to whom she has been cold all her life. Thank goodness, Summer inherited the kindness genes in the family and welcomed her into her life and town. 

But not before Winter runs into Theo Silva. The womanizing bull rider has a tendency to charm his way into women's hearts and underwear, and his next target seems to be Winter. In a moment of weakness and a few shots of tequila, she gives into his charm. Only to find out later that their one night has led to more than just memories.

Elsie Silver. I have loved her since A Photo Finish, and she has yet to disappoint me with her books. (I honestly don't think she is capable.) Theo and Winter's story will come at you with all the feels, and you will embrace it like an old stuffed teddy bear. Silver's characters hold so much charisma and relatability that they will have you wishing them the best by the end of the read. 

Theo has always captured my attention in previous books, and I was already looking forward to his story. Knowing his background and how much he loves his inner circle so hard? Yep, still dying on that hill. 

Winter holds her own in this read, also. Her arc from the cold sister to the no-nonsense doctor/mom is one I never knew I wanted but ended up needing anyway. 

It wouldn't be an Elsie read if it didn't have dirty spice. Like a good dirty martini, the romance was intoxicating and potent. Theo, Theo, Theo - he may have knocked Rhett Eaton off the top of the list, because that backroom scene was elite. 

It would be remiss of me to not include the adorable little Vivi and Peter. They may not have a lot of lines in this book, but they sure steal the spotlight even from the adorable ensemble in Chestnut Springs. 

This book can be read as a standalone, but as an Elsie Silver stan, I highly recommend going through her backlist as soon as you can. You will fall in love with them all as much as I have.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Elsie Silver for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Theo Silva. Rowdy bull rider. Notorious ladies’ man. Scorching hot trouble wrapped up in a drool-worthy package.

And he’s looking at me like I might be his next meal.

But I’m almost free of my toxic marriage and have sworn off men entirely. So all I see when I look back is temptation served up with a heaping side of heartbreak.

The man is hard to trust—and even harder to resist.

Make that impossible. Because Theo is persistent. And no matter how hard I try to freeze him out, he melts my icy exterior and pulls apart all my defenses.

Over a drink in a small town bar, I blurt out my deepest, darkest secrets. Then I spend the singular hottest night of my life with him.

He worships my body. He makes me blush. I come alive beneath his hands.

Then I tell him to forget it ever happened. I want simple, and with him, it all feels complicated.

It was supposed to be a one-time thing.

A secret.

But that little plus sign is going to make this secret impossible to keep.



  

MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8