BOOKWORM REVIEW: Wicked Fate by Sasha Clinton

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

I love dark romances like the best of them, but it took a while to get to that in this read.

Ella and Ethan are being forced to come to England by Ethan's half-sister -- who also happens to be Ella's best friend. The forced proximity is a problem for our main characters who shared a history together. Ella made an exchange with Ethan for her own safety, and the repercussions from that trade haunts the both of them.

I was excited about the premise of the book; I just think getting to the heart of the story took too long. The subplot with Francesca (the half-sister/best friend) overshadowed the love story in the first half of the book. I find that resilience has been key to Sasha Clinton reads, so I stuck it out and got a much richer second half. We get this phenomenal story about two broken people who find wholeness in each other and the steam was so good it cleared my complexion.

There are some fun Easter eggs in this read. I enjoyed Lucien Stone making a cute appearance and gushing about his lady love Mira (who would have thought?). 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Sasha Clinton for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

A fairytale-like, twisted love story between a morally gray billionaire and a girl who is in love with his darkness…

Ella
I made a bargain with a devil two years ago.
I exchanged my body for a favor that allowed me to live a normal life.
But my devil doesn’t look like the one in storybooks.
He’s a hot, dark thirty-two-year-old billionaire who is my best friend’s brother.
He makes my heart twist with desire and longing.
And he’ll be my undoing if I let him take away the last thing I have left—my soul.

Ethan
I didn’t expect to find myself in London with Ella.
In the same room. Looking for the same person.
It has been months since I last saw her, months since we made the bargain.
And in all that time, I haven’t forgotten how quickly she can get under my skin—and into my heart.

MEET SASHA CLINTON

Sasha Clinton is an author of funny, addictive contemporary romances and romantic comedies. Her heroines are smart and sassy and her heroes are strong yet sensitive. When not writing, she can be found reading, watching k-dramas, and eating chocolate.

Connect with Sasha