BOOKWORM REVIEW: Falling for the Rookie by Carina Rose

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

Sometimes life throws you a curveball (I know I am mixing sports metaphors here), especially when it comes to love. So what if the love of your life turns out to be your roommate, your team's new kicker, AND your younger sister's best friend?

Wide receiver Collin St. James faces this dilemma when Charlie Nicholson joins the Virginia Thunder. As his sister's best friend, he is now beholden to keep an eye out for Charlie. Surely, he can keep some distance, right? Well, not when Charlie also becomes his roommate.

I am always down for a strong female character willing to break barriers, and it was great to get that in Charlie. She is focused and driven, but she also balances that with finding love from someone she's wanted all her life.

The couple's chemistry is engaging and steamy. I am equally a sucker for a man who takes granted someone who has been under his nose all along. I enjoyed Collin's falling into love a lot.

I have adored this series, and this fourth installment is no different. It can be read as a standalone, but I did enjoy seeing characters from previous books. 

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Carina Rose and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

People rarely catch me off guard. I’m Collin St. James, after all, starting wide receiver for the Virginia Thunder, and playing football has kept me on my toes. But nothing could have prepared me to mentor our newest teammate, kicker Charlie Nicholson.

I wasn’t caught off guard because I had to take someone under my wing, or because Charlie was easily banging sixty-yard kicks through the uprights. It happened when the rookie’s silver helmet came off and long blonde hair spilled out. Completely baffled, I edged closer and took in the prettiest blue eyes I’d ever seen.

Charlie wasn’t only a complete knockout, she was also my younger sister’s closest friend, and when she smiled at me, I knew right then and there I was in serious trouble.

The last thing I needed was a distraction, but thanks to my gorgeous new teammate—and, to my surprise, my roommate—that was exactly what I got. 

Get Your Copy
Amazon https://amzn.to/3w7WglT
Apple https://apple.co/3JTlk61
Nook https://bit.ly/3AmTk7n
Kobo https://bit.ly/3C829nc
Add to Goodreads ➡️ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/61685537-falling-for-the-rookie

MEET CARINA ROSE

Carina loves everything about romance. To her, it’s the little things that matter. She also believes in insta-love, since she knew her husband was the one the first day she met him.

When it comes to books, she uses them as an escape from reality. . . . to get swept away. Carina hopes her words do the same for her readers.

She’s a mother and wife and loves spending time with her family. She enjoys meeting new people, traveling, reading, watching sports, and, of course, relaxing on a beach.

Carina looks forward to sharing more love stories in her future novels.

Connect with Carina