BOOKWORM REVIEW: Tempest by Anna Fury

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This novella release from Anna Fury was a wonderful surprise in more ways than one.

While on a sea glass expedition, Tempest found a barely alive man facedown on the shores of her small village. Against her better judgment, she takes the Vikrind Alpha into her home and nurses him to health. It turns out the Alpha is a king betrayed and he is trying to get back to his land to avenge the treachery. Even though Tempest is a witch and no omega, King Fares insists that not only is she an omega, but she may also be his soul-bound. He proves this by tricking her into touching his jewel. 

(No, an ACTUAL jewel, not the family jewels. That comes a little later.)

This sets off a jewel bond that calls to the brothers in his pack to them so they can claim Tempest together.

I certainly hope that this is only a kick-off to this fictional universe because Anna Fury certainly served a phenomenal appetizer that has this reader wanting more. I love Tempest's fierceness and how she commands three intimidating Alphas. I also adore that each Alpha has his own endearing personality and quirks. It is hard to pick a favorite, though growly and bossy Fares might have a slight lead.

This would not be an Anna Fury if it did not have creative spicy scenes, and you certainly get heaps of them even in such a short read.

If you love Vikings, this standalone novella is a must-pick.

ABOUT THE BOOK

I submit to no man.

When the gods wash a handsome, broken king onto my shores, I realize the tides of my future are turning. Fares awakens and brashly demands not only my submission, but also my help in returning his stolen throne—all before breakfast.

But I am not an omega of his kind. I come from an ancient, powerful bloodline of witches. Submission is not a trait I hold in high regard. My responsibility is to my people, so I make the arrogant, overbearing warrior a deal—aid me in the solstice gifting that bolsters the town’s protective wards, and I will leave with him.

It is true that deep inside, I ache for adventure. Still, imagine my surprise when a passionate, stolen moment between us unleashes an age-old power of his people. It is a homing beacon, calling his brothers-in-arms to his side. As a pack, they have only one goal—make me submit, claim me, and take me as theirs.

Can an independent, strong-willed witch tame three hulking males, or will they steal my heart and force my submission…

Tempest is a solstice gifting themed Why Choose romance featuring a strong heroine and the three warriors who seek to claim her heart, among other things. This short holiday story is around 25K words.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) ➡️ https://amzn.to/3V8bj9O

MEET ANNA FURY


Hey y'all!

I'm Anna Fury, author of The Alpha Compound series, dystopian paranormal romance.

A North Carolina native, I'm fluent in snark and sarcasm, tiki decor, and an aficionado of phallic plants. Visit me on Instagram for a glimpse into the sexiest wiener wallpaper you've ever seen.

I write any time I have a free minute - walking the dog, in the shower, ON THE TOILET. The voices in my head wait for no one. When I'm not furiously hen-pecking at my computer, I love to hike and bike and get out in nature.

I currently live in Raleigh, North Carolina with my Mr. Right, a three-year-old tornado and two lovely old dogs. I LOVE to connect with readers, so visit me on social or use the contact page to stay in touch! <3

Connect with Anna