BOOKWORM REVIEW: Keep Paris by Kelly Kay

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

THIS. BOOK. ::deep breath:: This read definitely took me on quite a journey that I might need a vacation..in Paris.

Bette Miller and Hayden Corelli were rivals and enemies. Both creative directors within the same agency for different cities, they are always competing with each other not only when it comes to projects but also epic pranks that frankly should have had HR managers shaking them.

As their rivalry grew, they also started to become more aware of their attraction to the other, which they immediately suppress with tons of denial. When their firm decided to consolidate regional offices and puts them in competition for the singular spot in New York City, this only ramped up the rivalry and the pranks. A chance meeting in New York finally has these two seeing each other in person..and realizing that there is more to their connection than pent-up tension between dueling colleagues.

I have to admit the first act of this book was a bit ho-hum. The beautiful and elaborate details about Paris definitely overshadowed the connection, and whether it was by design, the chemistry certainly gave fleeting romance.

I stood corrected by the subsequent acts and was so glad I stuck with it because Kelly Kay turned the knob on sexual tension to spicy, mixed in a nice blend of comedy, romance, and angst, and left me an emotional mess in the end..and in a good way.

Bette and Hayden's journey definitely had its heart-wrenching trials, but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of peeling away the different layers of their story.

This book is a standalone and promises to be the first of a series. If you love workplace rom-coms with fierce rivals-turned-lovers, this is a great pick. Get through the first act, and I promise you that you'll love it as much as I did.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Kelly Kay and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Ever wonder who you’d turn out to be without heartache?

Me too.

Fairytales and soulmates can suck it. Romance and thoughts of strolling through Paris, can get buried with all the heartbreak from a decade ago. In fact, you can keep Paris, I have no need for it.

And now work is everything. That’s all there is. Work and hating Hayden Correlli. Smug, clever and annoying with the sexiest damn voice. It does things to me I will not admit. Because we’re at war. We’re Regional Creative Ad Directors and there’s only one job in New York. One job to rule them all and it’s mine. I don’t care how many times he pranks me, or I have to retaliate, at the end of the day I will bury him. I don’t care how he makes my stomach flip. I’ll ignore that my once dead heart might have sparked a bit when he texted. Doesn’t matter how hot I imagine he is, he’s just another man who won’t live up to the hype.

But what if he could?

The battle and the spoils of war are set: one gets the job, and the other one gets let go. But in the end, will their hearts survive?

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) ➡️ https://amzn.to/3eRwSLs
Add to Goodreads ➡️ https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/62607643-keep-paris

MEET KELLY KAY

I used to create "dreams" with my best friend growing up. We'd each pick a boy we liked, then we'd write down a meet-cute that always ended with a happily ever after.

Now I get to dream every day, although it's a little steamier these days. And I've discovered I can and will write anywhere I can. Keep tuned to Instagram to see all the times I fit in a sentence or two.

I'm a writer, married to a writer, mother of a creative dynamo of a nine-year-old boy and currently a little sleepy. I'm a klutz and goofball and love lipstick as much as my Chuck Taylors.

Good things in the world: pepperoni pizza, Flair pens*, wine, coffee, laughing with my friends until my stomach hurts, a musician at the top of their game, getting lost somewhere I've never been, matinee movies on a weekday, the Chicago Cubs, a fresh new notebook full of possibilities, bourbon on a cold night, Fantasy Football, witty men, walking through the local zoo in the rain and that moment when a character clicks in and begins to write their own adventure. I'm just the pen.

Connect with Kelly
https://linktr.ee/KellyKayBooks