BOOKWORM REVIEW: Gracie's Mom by Misty Walker

 

RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
SPICE: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

I stan a (young) man who knows what he wants, and not only does Dax Shelton know what he wants, but he is also very much willing to do what it takes to get it..or her.

It just so happens that what he covets is his roommate's mom, Abby.

His attraction is not unrequited, however. Abby knows she shouldn't be looking at her daughter's hot 22-year-old roommate like she does, but she cannot help it. And who can blame her? Abs of steel, charming smirk, a smolder that could ignite everything in sight, yeah, it would take a lot of self-control not to look at Dax the way she does.

Unfortunately, her daughter also looks at Dax the same way, even though he has rebuffed Gracie's advances time and time again. When he finally caves to come home with Gracie over school break, they had assumed that maybe the daughter has worn him down. Too bad, he is only tagging along so he can make his moves on Gracie's mom.

I am the type of reader who reads the description before jumping in, only because I want to set an expectation of what I am in for. 

Did I expect a fun taboo read? Yes, and I totally love the fact that Dax is the one who chases shy Abby and gets her to realize that their connection is more than just skin-deep. Misty Walker did a great job of establishing Dax's maturity from the get-go, and I really enjoyed the arc in which he deals with Gracie's reaction to his relationship with her mother. It was done with such grace and thoughtfulness to his character and Abby's role as a parent.

Did I expect a spicy romance? This book definitely delivered because of three words: Dax's. Filthy. Mouth. Well, his body played a role, too. Like I said, he is a man who knows what he wants, but what I also love (and let's face it, this is why we love fictional romance) is that he is incredibly thoughtful of Abby's wants and self-discovery. The spicy scenes were plentiful, but they were nicely integrated into the story.

This book looks like a beginning of a series, but it can be read as a standalone. If you are looking for fun, somewhat taboo romance, I recommend picking this book up.

ABOUT THE BOOK

At thirty-nine years old, I have my life together.
I’m a successful photographer, own my own home, and thanks to a teenage pregnancy, I’m already an empty nester.

The only thing missing is love. And who has time for that?

That’s my thought process the day my daughter, Gracie, calls to tell me she’s bringing her roommate home with her for spring break.

Dax Shelton is charismatic, funny, and ridiculously sexy. And for some reason, whenever I’m with him, he aims all that charm my way.

I try to keep my space and not take him seriously, but when he pins me against the kitchen counter and whispers all the dirty things he wants to do to me, I can’t ignore him any longer.

So, at thirty-nine years old, I have a secret fling with a man seventeen years my junior.
Or at least I think it’s just a fling until our late nights become less about sex and more about our feelings, and I accidentally fall in love with my daughter’s roommate.

Things are about to get messy. Not only because Gracie won’t understand how I let this happen but because she’s in love with him too.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) ➡️ https://amzn.to/3TKgWt6

MEET MISTY WALKER

Misty Walker is a romance author with books in multiple subgenres, including gay, biker, and contemporary.

She's been in the book and audiobook industry for many years, though she's only been publishing since 2019.

Misty currently resides in the high desert of Reno, NV with her husband and two daughters. She enjoys camping in her comfy travel trailer, reading, and writing.

Connect with Misty