BOOKWORM REVIEW: Heartless by Elsie Silver


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
SPICE: 🔥🔥🔥.5

Here's a riddle: Who is protective, broods like no other, and has a dirty, filthy mouth?

Cade. Mother-effing. Eaton. That's who.

Cade's family has had enough. He has turned down every application to be his five-year-old son's nanny despite the fact that he needs help as he is running his family farm. Granted, most of the applicants are more interested in babysitting HIM than his son Luke, but that's beside the point that he needs help. When his soon-to-be-sister-in-law Summer steps in and suggests a close friend, Cade did not expect the new nanny to be the beautiful stranger who sparked long-dormant feelings at the town café.

Willa had not expected the gorgeous broody man she left holding her spare underwear to be her temporary boss, either. Yet, there was a reason she ran off the coffeehouse after looking at him. For her, this was supposed to be a commitment-free summer, but as she learns about her adorable young charge and his grumpy father, she finds herself growing roots at Chestnut Springs.

I cannot say enough words about how much I adore this book. Leave it to Elsie Silver to take pure opposites -- a grumpy man who would give his arm for peace and quiet and a sassy nanny who always has a witty, albeit often inappropriate retort handy -- and create a delicious tension that keeps you turning the pages. 

If this book were candy, it would be a chocolate-covered chili. It entices you with the sweet only to have a spicy surprise once you get to the middle. A heat that will leave you fanning and reaching for a drink. 

This book is the second in the Chestnut Springs series, but it can be read as a standalone. Characters from the first book and Silver's previous series do make appearances, but she provides enough information for readers to get an idea as to who they are.

It also provides a preview of Jasper's story, and as someone who has fallen in love with him since Flawless, I cannot wait for his book.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Elsie Silver for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

Working as a nanny for the world’s grumpiest single dad should have been simple. Except I can’t keep my eyes off him. And he can’t keep his hands off of me.

Cade Eaton is thirteen years older than I am and barely looks my way. Until I get him into the hot tub one night for a game of truth or dare. Then all bets are off—and so are our clothes.

He’s gruff, a little rough around the edges. But broad-shouldered ranchers with calloused hands and filthy mouths are this city girl’s kryptonite. So who am I to resist?

But it’s in our quiet moments together that he softens. It’s when he takes care of me that I realize his hardened exterior is just a façade. It’s when I watch him go all sweet with his little boy that I really fall for him.

Someone convinced him once that his best wasn’t good enough. But I’ve never felt more cherished than I do in his arms.

My contract may say this arrangement is only for two months.

But my heart says this is forever.


 

MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8