BOOKWORM REVIEW: Mercy by Sara Cate


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Beau Grant is having an existential crisis. After all, he is 22 years old, is living with his mom, and cannot hold down a job. He finds no excitement in dating or hanging out with his friends anymore, leaving him with drawing on his tablet and playing D&D with his ex-girlfriend's little sister and her friends.

When his friends managed to convince him to check out his dad's app and find out about his intimate preferences, he did not expect to be matched to the one woman who could challenge him.

Maggie knows that all work and no play make for a dull girl, but she too is in need of self-reflection to find out what she wants from life and in the bedroom. That is, if she can get away from work long enough. When the girlfriends of her business partners -- she supposes she can call them friends -- get her to do the Salacious app, she too did not realize that such a simple quiz will lead her down such a complicated path.

When Sara Cate announced that the fourth book in The Salacious Players Club series was going to be between Beau and Maggie, I was definitely excited because:

1. I have a soft spot for reverse age-gap romances. 
2. I love a good redemption arc.
3. Whatever intimate adventures these two have, I know Sara Cate will make me love it.

I was not disappointed at all. The character development in this read is on point. I love the arcs that Beau and Maggie undertake individually and together, and I especially love that they bring out the best in each other. I did feel like the ending was a little rushed, but that took very little away from the overall story.

Sara Cate's spicy writing is like the Club; it has a way of making you realize that you're into things that you didn't know you were into before. I enjoy her exploration of diverse kinks in this series, and the chemistry between Beau and Maggie was hot, hot, hot from the get-go.

This book can be read by itself, but characters from the other books are part of the story. I also highly recommend you read the rest if you're new to this book universe.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Sara Cate and Wildfire Marketing for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

I don’t want to hurt him—I just want to punish him.

It’s bad enough being the only female owner of the Salacious Players’ Club, but I’m also the only one without a kink, or so I thought.

Imagine my surprise when the kink quiz suggests that I’m not so vanilla after all.

In fact, I’m a lot more like Emerson Grant than I thought.

Just one problem—I have no idea how to be a Domme.

That is, until the app matches me with someone willing to help me learn.

He’s too young for me.

Too stubborn. Too good looking.

And, oh yeah, my friend’s son.

Beau Grant is a brat. I’d hate that about him if I didn’t love punishing him so much.

Underneath all of that attitude is a man who is misunderstood, selfless, and in need of direction.

But if he wants mercy, he has to earn it. 

There are a million reasons why I should stay away, but I’m tired of doing what everyone thinks I should do.

I finally know what I want, and I’m ready to take what’s mine.


   

MEET SARA CATE

Sara Cate is a USA Today best-selling author of steamy romance and sexy book boyfriends. Although she writes a wide range of tropes, Sara is best known for her age gap and taboo romances. One thing you can expect from her entire collection is heaps of steam and plenty of angst.

Living in Arizona with her husband and kids, Sara spends most of her time reading, writing, or baking.

Connect with Sara