BOOKWORM REVIEW: 50 Ways to Win Back Your Lover by Kelly Siskind


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: 🔥🔥.5

What do you do when you have to leave everything behind to protect yourself and the ones you love? Kelly Siskind's new series about the Bowers tackles this question, kicking off with 50 Ways to Win Back Your Lover.

Edgar Bower has been on the run for ten years. Being in witness protection because of his dad's illegal activities has forced him and his family to uproot themselves from their small town, their friends, everything they know. Now that the people who had a target on them are gone, what are they supposed to do when they are no longer constantly hiding?

Edgar goes back to his hometown after a run-in with the woman he loved, and as expected, he is not quite met with a warm welcome. Now he must figure out how he can get back into Delilah Moon's good graces. Will his 50-step plan work?

I enjoyed the unique premise of this second-chance romance. The story is told from Edgar's perspective so we get to experience his arc through his thoughts and emotions. I genuinely like him; his rambling musings were so relatable and we share his anxieties about keeping his family safe and figuring out how to mend bridges in his town.

The start was a little slow for me, only because there was so much information to unpack about the Bowers' back story. Once his own story started, I felt like the pacing was much better. There was a nice balance of humor, drama, and romance as the main characters reflect on and rebuild their relationship.

The ensemble cast is also on point. The Bower siblings and the folks from Windfall bring banter, love, and support to the main characters.

This is the first of the series, and I will definitely be looking forward to the subsequent books. It looks like poor Desmond Bower is next, and I cannot wait.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Kelly Siskind, Montlake, and NetGalley for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

From Kelly Siskind comes a slow-burn romantic comedy about one man’s creative attempt to win back his high school sweetheart after a change in fortune gives them a second chance at love.

Growing up, I had it all—my art, close friends, a gorgeous girlfriend who owned my heart—but then my life exploded.

Turns out my father was laundering money, and my whole family got shoved into witness protection. No notice. No chance to explain. I was ripped away from beautiful, blue-eyed Delilah Moon, shattering both our worlds.

A decade later, fate has given us a second chance.

The cartel my father worked for has been wiped out. I’ve returned to my hometown, determined to win back the love of my life. But Delilah is engaged.

Or...is she?

I’m almost positive she’s lying about her fiancé to protect her heart. Which means I need to up my game.

I’ve made a list of fifty ways to prove we’re meant to be. Except Delilah’s barely looking at me, never mind swooning. I have a feeling my disappearance scarred her more than she’s admitting, and no one in town will tell me what happened...

Pre-Order Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3RlP2Tp


MEET KELLY SISKIND

Kelly Siskind writes romantic comedies and contemporary romance novels for daydreamers and fantasists everywhere. She lives in charming northern Ontario, where she alternatively frolics in and suffers through the never-ending winters.

When she’s not out hiking or home devouring books, you can find her, notepad in hand, scribbling down one of the many plot bunnies bouncing around in her head. Sign up for Kelly’s newsletter at www.kellysiskind.com and never miss a giveaway, a free bonus scene, or the latest news on her books.

Connect with Kelly
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Kelly-Siskind/e/B015ENWUY6
Bookbub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/kelly-siskind
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/authorKellySiskind/
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kellysiskind/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KellySiskind
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/kellysiskind/