BOOKWORM REVIEW: King of Fire by A.J. Wyatt


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

A.J. Wyatt's mafia romance reads are always good for an emotional roller coaster ride, and King of Fire did not disappoint.

Christiano Luchesse must marry as ordered by the new Godfather of Cosa Nostra. His bride -- Arielle Morelli -- is the key to expanding his territory to Boston, but her father, the man who currently wields the power over that kingdom, is his biggest obstacle. This union is one step to gaining control, but can he secure the loyalty of his bride?

Arielle wants out of the Morelli household. Tired of being under her father's thumb for so long, she also finds this marriage as the key to her escape. But when her father threatens the safety of her beloved younger sister in exchange for her continuing allegiance to the Morelli name, would Arielle be willing to betray her husband's trust?

A visit to Wyatt's Cosa Nostra universe is always a fun one, and I enjoyed Christiano and Arielle's story. Two people who are seemingly opposite from each other find that they have more in common than they thought. As a fan of "I hate everyone but you," this read embraces that trope wholeheartedly. Christiano is cold, calculating, and unforgiving, and the arc of wide-eyed but pragmatic Arielle slowly chipping away at the fort around his heart was absolutely fantastic. 

And the spice is hot, hot, hot! Christiano's dirty talk and experience coupled with Arielle's willingness make for a thirsty read.

This is the first of the Kings of Commission series, but it does refer to characters and events in Wyatt's Cosa Nostra series. It can be read as a standalone, but nothing compares to a full experience of having read the previous series.

ABOUT THE BOOK

Fire can forge or ruin. What will it be?

Christiano
I’m willing to do whatever it takes to keep my power over my territory, even if it means binding myself to Arielle Morelli—a nineteen-year-old woman I’ve never met. In our world, it’s a means to an end. Even if she somehow catches me off guard, and makes me care more than I should, more than I thought I would, it shouldn’t matter. There is no place for love and devotion in the Mafia.

So why would that change now?


Arielle
I was brought up to fulfill my duty. As a woman in the Mafia, as a daughter and now as a wife. But when my duty as a daughter interferes with my duty as a wife, there will be grave consequences. Christiano is a powerful man with a ruthless reputation. None survive his wrath, man or woman. The fire-breathing beast stirring beneath his skin is ever present, and the more I get to know him, the more I want to drown in his flames.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3bviI0P

MEET A.J. WYATT

A.J has always been in love with books and love stories of all kinds. When she stumbled upon Mafia Romance, her own Mafia Underworld has been brewing ever since. She wrote her first novel in 2020 and Loyalty that Binds was released in June 2021.

When she's not writing, she spends her time with her two little boys and loving husband.

She loves connecting with readers and authors alike - so please feel free to contact her.

Connect with A.J.