BOOKWORM REVIEW: Flawless by Elsie Silver


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: 🔥🔥🔥

Elsie Silver books are always a must-read for me, and Flawless fits the bill for why I enjoy her books.

Summer and Rhett are miserable. Rhett's mistakes have led to him being on thin ice with sponsors and his publicist Kip. When Kip assigns his daughter Summer to babysit Rhett and keep him on the straight and narrow until the mess blows over, she and Rhett are not too happy about their forced proximity.

While they may not be thrilled, we readers get a fantastic treat as we witness their arc from adversaries to lovers. Elsie Silver always delivers a layered story that slowly gets unraveled through chapters, and we get that with this read. Rhett is not just your hotshot bull rider. He has depth, fears, and anxieties that get explored in this read. Summer is the other side of the same coin. She has history, drive, and resilience that I adore from Elsie's FMCs.

The tension and spice driving their tension are top-notch. Rhett's dirty talk is a whole new level, and I don't think I can look at whipped cream the same way again.

This book kicks off Silver's Chestnut Spring series, so we get introduced to the Eaton men and some of their friends. If you have read Elsie Silver's A Photo Finish, meeting Violet Eaton's brothers explains a lot as to why Violet is as sassy and resilient as she is. I adore their dad, but something tells me Jasper is going to be my new book boyfriend.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Elsie Silver for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞. 𝐊𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐝𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐞.

𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐈’𝐦 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞’𝐬 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐛𝐞𝐝. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥, 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧.

I’m the face of professional bull riding—the golden boy. Or at least I was, until it all blew up in my face. Now my agent says I have to clean up my image, so I’m stuck with his ball-busting daughter for the rest of the season as my “full-time supervision.”

But I don’t need a goddamn babysitter, especially one with skin-tight jeans, a sexy smirk, and a mouth she can’t stop running.

A mouth I can’t stop thinking about.

Because Summer isn’t just another conquest. She sees the man behind the mask, and she doesn’t run—she pulls me closer, even when she shouldn’t.

She says this means nothing.

I say this means everything.

She says there are boundaries we shouldn’t cross. That my reputation can’t take any more hits—and neither can her damaged heart.

I say I’m going to steal it anyway.



MEET ELSIE SILVER


I’m a Canadian romance author who currently lives just outside of Vancouver, British Columbia with my husband, son, and three dogs. I’ve been reading romance books since before I was probably supposed to and have never stopped.

In my free time I love to cook and try new foods, I love to travel, and I love spending time with my boys–especially outdoors. I’ve also become a big fan of my quiet 5 am mornings where I can sip a cup of hot coffee and disappear into a fictional world without interruption. I can’t wait to share my worlds with you!

Connect with Elsie
Newsletterhttps://landing.mailerlite.com/webforms/landing/r0a9m8