BOOKWORM REVIEW: Praise by Sara Cate


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Just when I thought I knew the outer limits of the tropes and kinks I enjoy reading, Sara Cate's writing continues to push that limit further and has me loving every bit of it.

This first book in the Salacious Players Club features Emerson and Charlotte (Charlie). On a tight budget, Charlie is trying to collect her share of the deposit from the rental she just left after she and her boyfriend Beau broke up. Unfortunately, Beau stupidly has it forwarded to his dad's house, and because he and his dad are estranged, Charlie must now head to Emerson's house to collect what she's owed.

After a misunderstanding, Charlie learns that Emerson has specific affinities as a Dom and an owner of a members-only club. Shocked, she leaves as quickly as she can after Emerson writes her a check for her deposit and more. Emerson eventually shows up at her current gig to offer her a job. A very plain-vanilla job as his secretary. But with an attraction sizzling between them, could they really keep it professional?

I cannot emphasize enough how hot this book is. The tension, the build-up, and the intense moments between Emerson and Charlotte bring a feeling akin to riding a roller coaster on its way up the peak. When they finally put their stubbornness aside and give in to their attraction, their chemistry creates so much heat that could light Kindles on fire. 

What I enjoyed about Sara Cate's books the most is that while we expect the dirty, we are also taken into an emotionally loaded journey toward love and happy endings. This book is no different. We feel for Charlie and her lack of self-confidence, Emerson and his struggles as a parent. We even feel invested in supporting characters.

If you want a super-spicy read with heart, this is a fantastic pick for your next book.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Sara Cate and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

He calls me perfect.

His flawless pet.

His good girl.

Broken down and wounded by my emotionally neglectful ex, I wanted someone to tell me I was good enough.

Then, I stumbled into a new job with a boss who brings me to my knees—literally. He has me do things a real secretary would never do.

Emerson Grant tells me I’m more than just good enough.

I’m worthy of his praise.

There are a million reasons why I should stay away. The owner of the Salacious Players’ Club is not just my new boss, he’s twice my age.

And my ex-boyfriend’s father.

With him, I am treasured. I am adored. I am his.

I’m a good girl, but I’m falling for the wrong man.

Emerson Grant knows what he wants—

And he wants me.

So how far will I go to hear his approval?


MEET SARA CATE

Sara Cate is a USA Today best-selling author of steamy romance and sexy book boyfriends. Although she writes a wide range of tropes, Sara is best known for her age gap and taboo romances. One thing you can expect from her entire collection is heaps of steam and plenty of angst.

Living in Arizona with her husband and kids, Sara spends most of her time reading, writing, or baking.

Connect with Sara