BOOKWORM REVIEW: Never Say Never by Harlow James

 


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

This book was absolute perfection. Harlow James captivated my attention from beginning to end with Damien and Charlotte's story.

Ever since they were kids, these two have been rivals, always at each other's throats and competing for the number 1 spot. After being pushed to her limit, Charlotte tells Damien to stay out of her life and never think of her forever.

Years later, they run into each other at the most opportune moment. Damien needs a fake girlfriend to impress his boss and get an account that would increase his chances of getting promoted. Albeit begrudgingly, Charlotte also needs a fake boyfriend to get her overbearing mother off her back. When they agree to be each other's fake significant other, they end up finding that keeping the emotions fake is a lot harder than they thought.

It was so hard to put this book down, and I ended up reading -- experiencing -- the entire thing in one sitting. Harlow James draws us in with witty and tension-filled banter that has us anticipating for more. Along the way, she leaves small crumbs of spicy teasers that leave us at the edge of our seats. When Damien and Charlotte finally give in, the payoff is so worth it. 

There is more to this book than just the spice, however. It looks at two people who thought that they could never be more different than each other when in fact, they are so much similar. Damien and Charlotte struggled with perfectionism, not just because they wanted to outdo each other, but because each was held in unrealistic expectations and they surprisingly found a punching bag and a haven in one another.

This is the first of the Ladies Who Brunch series, and Harlow James came out swinging. I cannot wait for the other books if this one sets the tone for the rest.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to Harlow James for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THIS BOOK

“I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend.”

When those words left the lips of Damien Shaw, my childhood nemesis, I should have told him to kick rocks right then and there.

But sadly, his scheme to impress his boss left me with something to gain from it too—getting my meddling mother, who was obsessed with my love life, off my back just in time for my parents’ thirtieth wedding anniversary celebration in Hawaii.

You see, Damien and I grew up together, but we weren’t friends. No—we were rivals.

And when we both moved out to California to go to different colleges, we promised never to think of each other again.

It had been twelve years since we had been face to face, but when he kept popping up everywhere, I should have known that trouble would follow.

And sure enough, during a lunch with my parents he told them we were dating.
I was hellbent on exposing him, but then my mother’s reaction made it hard to say no. So, I ended up fake dating my enemy while trying desperately not to fall for him.

My gut told me to keep my distance. But my heart? That bastard was falling for the man with every sweet gesture he made and every orgasm he gave me.

But when the reason for our rivalry and our fake relationship comes to light, everyone and everything explodes, leaving one hell of a mess to clean up.

I never thought I’d fall for Damien Shaw. I never thought my enemy could force me to figure out my life. But you know what they say—never say never.

Get Your Copy Today (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3MtpfqQ

ABOUT HARLOW JAMES

Harlow James is a wife and mom who fell in love with romance novels, so she decided to write her own.

Her books are the perfect blend of heartwarming, addictive, and steamy romance. If you love stories with a guaranteed Happily Ever After, then Harlow is your new best friend.

When she's not writing, she can be found working her day job, reading every romance novel she can find time for, laughing with her husband and kids, watching re-runs of FRIENDS, and spending time cooking for her friends and family while drinking White Claws and Margaritas.

Connect with Harlow