BOOKWORM REVIEW: Weight of Regret by K.K. Allen


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: 🔥🔥🔥.5

This was a riveting story about two people who tried to do what they thought was best for the other, got lost, and fought to find their way back to one another.

Anderson wanted the best for Hope, and the best did not include a future with him as he tried to patch together what was left of his family's camp and rebuild it into something better. So he pushed her away from Orcas Island to Seattle where she worked for a marketing company.

A few months later, Hope got an assignment to go back to Orcas Island to work with a client on a rebranding campaign. It turns out that her new client was Camp Bexley, Anderson's camp. Could Hope remain professional, or would working with Anderson bring to the surface all of the feelings -- her love -- for him that she has suppressed while she was gone?

Anderson is a fantastic alpha-roll. He's broody and growly with suppressed feelings from his past, and his love for Hope just itches to break out when she is close. The poor man also struggles with a self-imposed burden of rebuilding and expanding a camp with hopes that it would bring his siblings back. 

Hope navigates the life with which she was dealt the best way she can, and I love her tenacity and resilience. It broke my heart when Anderson pushed her away, hoping that she would find her wings and fly, even though we readers know what she wanted the most was to be held close by him. She is tough, and I admire the way she asserts herself against Anderson and against her manipulative boss. 

There is an emotional tug-of-war as Hope is faced with the dilemma between loving Anderson -- which meant life in Orcas Island -- and going back to the city with no support system and a boss who's willing to gaslight you for affection. I know I make her struggle simpler than it seems, but K.K. Allen did a great job of introducing nuance and small details that made this decision far harder to make.

And the steamy romance! The chemistry between Hope and Anderson has always been hot from the get-go and the build-up to when they finally relent creates such a delicious tension that will leave you wanting a breather after. 

I am just so happy to discover that this is not the end of my visit to Camp Bexley as we get more stories about the other siblings soon. The Bexley Brothers will be a fun bunch to get to know, and I cannot wait.

** I am voluntarily reviewing an advance copy of this book. Thank you to K.K. Allen and Wildfire Marketing Solutions for providing an ARC. **

ABOUT THE BOOK

"𝘜𝘯𝘳𝘦𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘵𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯’𝘵 𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬. 𝘐𝘵’𝘴 𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘥𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯. 𝘈 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘱. 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘦𝘱𝘦𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘪𝘮𝘣 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘰𝘧.”

Anderson Bexley was the love of my life… or so I thought.

For years, I convinced myself that one day he would see me as more than the bubbly activities director at his family’s campground.
Sure, he was ten years older.
Deeply tortured.
And far too devoted to the family business to make time for his own happiness.
But none of that mattered. Especially during that one blissful night when he was all mine.


I thought our forever had finally begun, but he broke my heart instead.

A year later, I’m moving on.
In a new city.
At a new job.
With a new man.
Add in a promotion that lands me my first big account, and things can’t possibly get better.

Until I hear my first client is none other than Anderson Bexley...

Now, I’m heading back to a place I had once called home.
Back to Camp Bexley.
Back to him.

Only this time, I’m determined to walk away on my own terms… with my heart intact.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3seN9OL
Add to Goodreads → smarturl.it/WOR_TBR

MEET K.K. ALLEN

K.K. Allen is the USA TODAY Bestselling and award-winning contemporary romance author of sweet, sexy, and inspiring stories that evoke emotion at every turn.

K.K.'s debut romance novel, Up in the Treehouse, was named the Best New Adult Book of the Year by RT Book Reviews, an honor beyond belief. And she continues to take reader’s emotions on an epic ride every single time with real, layered, coming of age romance stories that will make you fall in love over and over again.

Born in Hawaii, raised in Washington, and currently residing in Florida, K.K. lives for laughs with her little dude, the great outdoors, watching football, dancing the night away, and her eclectic taste in music.

K.K. also loves connecting with her readers and attends signings when she can! You can find upcoming event dates and other information at: www.kkallen.com.

Connect with K.K.
Newsletter: http://bit.ly/38I4sgT
Website: https://www.kk-allen.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100045266109221
Amazon Author Page: http://amzn.to/2Ns4Mcu
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8301757.K_K_Allen
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kkallen_author/