BOOKWORM REVIEW: Finding You by Lena Hendrix


RATING: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
STEAM: πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯.5

This is not a debut novel. It can't be. Because. IT. IS. SO. GOOD. 

I smiled and giggled throughout the book, and while I am a smiler, I think I was scaring my husband at the amount of giggles coming out of my mouth during this read. 

Joanna wants to be a nature guide -- more specifically a fishing guide -- but the industry is not exactly welcoming to women and there is a steep slope to climb to get to the level where you can make money as one. She gets an unexpected opportunity when her friend Finn needed her help with the guide-for-hire company he shares with his brother Lincoln. Lincoln -- who is back from his last tour as a Marine -- has been asked to step up in the company after Finn gets injured and finds himself spending more time with Joanna.

The two actually share a long-distance history. Joanna wrote Linc letters as part of the small town's effort to raise the spirits of servicemen abroad. Her letters stood out from the rest as she shared small details about her that sparked something in Lincoln. But with them being so afraid to bring the letters up, will they ever find out how the other feel?

I wanted to give these two a hug. Lena Hendrix did a fantastic job in slowly building Linc and Jo's personal stories and vulnerabilities into the read without taking away from the pace. I love Mentos MMCs, the ones that seem hard and broody on the outside but are actually protective and gentle on the inside. And Linc is the best of them. Jo is tough, but she too has her own mental struggles. This book is really about them finding their way out of their head and back to each other, and going through the journey with them is an amazing experience.

When Lena Hendrix says she writes "hot as sin" romance novels, BELIEVE HER. The sexual tension from these two practically screams in the early chapters, and when it finally hits, even I feel like I need a breather. The dirty talk -- "Lincoln!" I gasped while clutching imaginary pearls -- and their chemistry: All brilliantly done.

This has definitely set the bar high, and I cannot wait to devour the other books in this series.


ABOUT THE BOOK

I never thought I’d find her.

After eight years in the Marines, I’m still looking for the mysterious woman I’ve obsessed over since her first letter. When she shows up in my small town, I’m thrilled.

But when she turns out to be my brother’s best friend--and the girl he’s always loved--I’m caught between the two people who matter to me the most.

I’m a Marine, which means honor and duty run deep. Joanna is off-limits. That would be a whole lot easier if she hadn’t already agreed to help run my brother’s fishing guide business for the summer, forcing me to work side-by-side with the woman I’ve fantasized about for years.

I try to keep her at a distance, push her away, man up. But she draws me in without even trying, and I can’t get enough of how she makes me feel. I’m stealing moments with her, and I know it’s wrong. She may not be my brother’s girlfriend, but I know a landmine when I see one.

FINDING YOU is a scorching hot, interconnected stand-alone small-town romance. It is NOT a love triangle. Finding You is the first book in the Chikalu Falls series set in the fictional Montana town, Chikalu Falls.

Get Your Copy (Free with Kindle Unlimited) → https://amzn.to/3n6eZK6

MEET LENA HENDRIX


Hi! I'm Lena Hendrix & I write hot as sin contemporary romance novels. My love of romance started with sneaking my grandmother’s Harlequin paperbacks & now I write stories full of heart, humor, and plenty of strong Alphas with marshmallow insides-I like my coffee hot and my heroes hotter!

I live in the midwest with my husband, three children, and two derpy Australian Cattle Dogs. When I'm not writing or devouring new novels, you can find me hiking, camping, fishing, and sipping a spicy margarita!

Connect with Lena